What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. I'm making an effort to get back into shooting film, so this weekend I'm shooting one of my favorites, my black XD11, along with this lovely little camera I got for about $5. It's a Vivitar XC-3, a camera I've never heard of or even knew existed until a week ago. I'm shooting a Tamron (screw-mount adapter) 35-135mm zoom that my father used to use on his Vivitar 220/SL. 024a.jpg
    m42dave and LMar like this.
  2. In addition to the Auto S 1.6, I decided to give my Nikon FE-2 (with 50mm f2 some exercise. I have a roll of Kentmere 100 loaded.
    LMar likes this.
  3. Agfa Selectaflex, with 50, 35 and 90mm lenses. First roll after CLA. Hoping that something will come out. Maybe next weekend the FP4+ roll will be finished.

LMar and Mike Gammill like this.
  4. With my first grandchild due tomorrow I will probably have a roll of HP5+ in my Pentax ZX-7 with 50mm f2.8 macro for available light close ups. I'll have to shoot a few digital shots for family but after that it's film.
  5. Cool looking camera. I hope it performs well for you.
  6. DSC_8416.jpg

Yashicamat circa approx. 1957 (best I can figure.) No letter designation has Yashinon lens.
    I am not a Yashica expert but have owned a few including the g's and for me this one is the best of the bunch. Very smooth film wind, all metal nothing cheap about it or it's finish.
    LMar, Mike Gammill and davecaz like this.
  7. I'll grapple with this Ihagee Exa, though I'll probably fit a better lens than the standard Meritar. Unique construction, with a surprisingly bright viewfinder.

Exa Pnet.jpg
  8. I have a Nikkormat FT-3 hopefully arriving by late next week. If so that will be one of the cameras I use next weekend.
    LMar likes this.
  9. This afternoon (Friday here) it's off to Honolulu & the China Town District with the Agfa Isolette II & then Sunday (after the market) it's back to Kakaako & the "new" murals with the Fed-2 (b/w) & horrors !!,, my XE-1 !! (picture censored for those tender eyeballs Iso2-Weston-horz.jpg ). The XE-1 is for a historical job with a University of Hawaii prof. Aloha, Bill
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018 at 4:40 PM
    Julio Fernandez likes this.
  10. Don't have an XE-1, but do have an XE-5, XE-7, and XE. Really like the quiet shutter and smooth film advance.
    Although big and heavy compared to some SLR'a, I sometimes combine it with compact lenses. Here's a shot of my XE (with 45mm f2 Rokkor-X mounted) with a pair of Sigma's- 24mm f2.8 mini wide and 90mm f2.8 macro.
    This one gets some use as soon as I finish film in Konica Auto S1.6.
    mjferron likes this.
  11. Taking a break from rangefinders to finish a partial role in the Contax RTS II with CZJp glass.