What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Finished the film in the Konica Auto S1.6. I will probably take the C35V and Pentax ZX-7 with 50mm macro with me to work tomorrow.

2. I think I'll spool up some film on an 828 spool and take my Kodak Bantam out for a run.

3. I need to patch up the bellows on my Bantam first. Got a few respooled rolls of 828 film ready to go.

4. Still working with the C35V and the ZX-7. I think my Minolta HiMatic 7S is due for some exercise so it gets a fresh Wein cell and a roll of Kentmere 100 (from bulk).

5. I'm going back down to New Orleans Thursday-Saturday this week. I hope to get to the French Quarter 2 days for a few hours each day. Haven't decided yet whether to go with color and FE2's or B&W with my F2A's.

6. I took my Nikon FM2 on the Short North Arts District House Tour here in Columbus on Sunday. Not for interior shots, but just because it is a great neighborhood for "urban streetscape" photography. I shot a couple rolls of Ilford HP5.

7. No plans for the weekend, but got a roll of fomapan in a KW Pilot-Super for a test.

8. PraKtica L2 to test an M42 Soligor 35mm f2.8 and TMY.

9. A few shots to finish up Eastman 5222 in Pentax ZX-7 with 50mm macro. Made a few shots at indoor shooting range this morning. Got to fire a really great old rifle: made in England during the 1930's. Hopefully had enough light. Still working on a roll of Kentmere 100 in the C35V.

10. Hello
    I have a roll of Film Ferrania loaded in the Canon P I am in the process of shooting.

And I received a Jupiter 8 lens today and it is now on the Fed2 with some bulk loaded HP5.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  11. Hello Mike
    Look forward to the range photos
    Here is one of me cranking a friends Gatling
    Taken with my old AE1

Don crankin.jpg

James Bryant likes this.
  12. And one of the Hotchkiss Mountain Howitzer
    Hotchkiss.jpg
    Hotchkiss mountain gun.jpg

James Bryant and Mike Gammill like this.
  13. A little more on the English rifle: the action was made in 1917, but the rifle was rebuilt in the 1950's. It uses 303 ammo. I got to shoot it several times and I was impressed. My oldest son bought this one at a gun show last spring.
    The Japanese rifle didn't fare so well. It was actually built in the 20's but saw use all the way through WWII. My dad was part of a force that occupied Japan after the war and he was allowed to bring it home. My son managed to fire one shot with it, but after that it wouldn't fire. We took it apart and believe we found the trouble but will have to fix it later.

14. Mike, was it built on the SMLE action or the 1917 Enfield action that was made in the U.S. to a British Design that was later use for the U.S. 1917 Enfield in .30-06? We need rifles in a hurry when we entered WWI and it was easy to modify the tooling to the U.S. caliber.

15. Thanks, James. I should have a picture to send later. I didn't get a close up but might still have enough detail to be useful.

16. upload_2017-9-24_18-38-53.jpeg
    Rifle, Pentax ZX-7, 50mm f2.8, Eastman 5222, light from pop up flash

17. Nice Lee Enfield Sporter rifle, Mike.

The oldest British sporter I've shot was a 1920s BSA .22LR
    The oldest rifle I've shot is an 1917-dated Eddystone M1917 rifle in .30-06

Another couple from two weeks ago at the Thompson Bridge Market-Garden event with the PEN FT, 38mm f/1.8 Zuiko, Fomapan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

MarcelRomviel and Mike Gammill like this.
  18. Shot some frames with the KW Super-Pilot this weekend, but not enough to finish the roll though.

19. The Lee Enfield with the ten round magazine and two piece stock. If it came with the shorter barrel it is a SMLE. Short Magazine Lee Enfield.

Mike Gammill likes this.