What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Nikkormat FT2 with original Nikkor 50mm f1.4 lens. p339.jpg

2. I too thought I was going to shoot a Nikkormat this weekend, albeit the older FTn.
    Unfortunately it turned out that it had a lazy mirror and I returned it to the local shop from where I bought it (the 35mm 1:2.0 is mine).

Instead I will use my F2 with some FP4+ loaded in a Nikon AM-1 cartridge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Contax II with Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar f:2/50 loaded with Fomapan 100

99359DB6-81D6-4BFF-A093-6A66C8930C3B.jpeg

4. A favourite Minolta combination, both camera and lens having a whiff of Leitz about them.

Minolta XD-7b copy2.jpg

5. @rick_drawbridge or should it be the other way that "the Leica R3/4/5/6 have a whiff of Minolta about them"? :)

6. Just finished cleaning and patching the bellows on this Kodak Senior Six-16. I've had good results with Kodak f6.3 triplets and am anxious to see how this one performs.

20220805_123348_small.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  7. Still have a couple of frames of Rollei Retro 80s left in this Contax II that I repaired last month.
    Got a 50mm f/2 Sonnar on it with a Walz K2 Yellow filter.

ContaxII_05.jpg

There's a Classic Car Meet in my home town this weekend, but temperatures will be in the Scorching Hot regions, so I might not bother going out to shoot.

8. Appropriately cooling down with Christmas ale :)

9. Heh, unfortunately the special "N'ice" edition of La Chouffe beer is not available at this time ;)

NHSN likes this.
  10. Like @Rick_van_Nooij, I am undecided about the weekend photo plans.
    I may choose the shade of the balcony and a cold beer over the forecasted crazy hot streets of Copenhagen.
    If I go, I’ll take this one; a 1937 Rolleiflex Automat equipped with an uncoated Zeiss Jena 7.5cm Tessar - a yellow filter for contrast and a roll of FP4+.
    [​IMG]

11. Beautiful camera.

NHSN likes this.
  12. Stepping back in time just a little, to exercise one of my favourite folding MF cameras, the Voigtlander Perkeo 1.

Voigtlander Perkeo 1 copy.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  13. Using the Cosina made (I think) Konica TC-X with the Hexanon 40mm f 1.8.
    image.jpeg
    Loaded with Kentmere 100

14. Still have half a roll of Fomapan 400 in the Contax II after last weekend.
    No plans for this weekend either. Will probably go for a hike somewhere or hit a flea market or two.

Mike Gammill and James Bryant like this.
  15. [​IMG] Leica M2 (1958) with a modest 50mm Elmar-M (2003). Loaded with Kodak ImagePro 100.
    Photographed with a (~1955) CZ 50mm Sonnar 1.5 @8.0 on a Nikon Z6ii (2021)

16. I’m on Holiday, so I can’t really just use ONE camera, can I? Restricted myself to one classic (Rolleiflex Automat loaded with FP4) an F100 with Foma 100, my classic D700 for the less important stuff, and a waterproof point and shoot for wet stuff. C5F5E03C-A2EC-4D53-B53A-0B10CDB2BDCF.jpeg

17. Pretty much as new, a Minolta SR-3. The selenium meter works and is reasonably accurate, rather to my surprise. I just hope the weather clears enough for me to venture out...

Minolta SR3 cop.jpg

18. I don’t have a photo of either but I suspect it will be an F2 or an FT2.

Rick H.

Fiddlefye and James Bryant like this.
  19. Came across this Konica Auto S3 that looks eerily similar to Minolta hi-matic Auto sII.

Cleaned contacts but i could get no life out of the meter which is necessary for this camera. Moved in deeper and removed screws holding battery socket and found the culprit, a thoroughly corroded and severed negative wire. Had to remove the old solder bead as it was thoroughly corroded, cleaned contact with sand paper and soldered the connection. I hate soldering and i burned my finger with the iron in the process, but the meter and aperture control came back to life.
    Had to wind tension on frame counter as well and lock the screws for the hot shoe. Too much trouble for this camera, i hope it’s worth it

853B786D-B299-48A2-A362-1234CD66910B.jpeg

7C915FDC-A94C-4008-9BE0-047B9BF34F90.jpeg

20. Looks good Ralf... hope it's robust and continues to work..