How do you Educate yourself to take better pictures?

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by https://www.blvdartists.com/, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Say something funny and I'll laugh, Tony. Humor doesn't come across very well on the internet unless you say something that's actually funny. It's a learned skill.

• My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
    • I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.
    • I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out.
    • I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.
    • On Halloween, the parents sent their kids out looking like me.
    • I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
    • I found there was only one way to look thin: hang out with fat people.
    • A girl phoned me the other day and said... 'Come on over, there's nobody home.' I went over. Nobody was home.
    • I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it.
    • I looked up my family tree and found three dogs using it.
    ... Rodney Dangerfield

2. Hey! I just came up with a great idea!

I propose every thread posted by someone whose name is a URL we turn it into an Off Topic thread.

3. Same way we learned how to cook : try many different dishes, and try to replicate the flavour of the ones that you enjoy the most.
    As your taste, and your experience, widens, then you start to research and learn technique.

Some of us are happy with a really good burger, or chili, or soup;
    others go on to develop their own variety of distinct sauces.

What is really important, though, is that we begin with what we really enjoy and feel deeply, and try to produce the same feeling.

It takes time and experience, and you will never produce a superb bouillabaisse from a cookbook if you've never tasted and enjoyed a good bouillabaisse.

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  4. Thank you so much for your replies.