Guidelines can improve many photo's - what else?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by mikemorrell, Jan 20, 2022.

1. To to my mind Photography/Art is about doing your own thing. The Guru stuff, and the thousand and one suggestions; you loose yourself in.

From ancient times, when folk were considered simple folk,, without smart phones and all that stuff.

The Man, The Boy, and The Donkey: A Lesson on Critics.

2. err lose yourself

Anyway, the case of the "missing clipboard"

I had a special clipboard full of wonders and sage advice. Then some dastardly rogue, I can only think of the evil villainy of Professor Moriaty. Meeting Sherlock Holmes outside of his residence 221b Baker Street he agreed to take the case.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    mikemorrell likes this.
  3. SCL

SCL

Old but still useful - "f/8 and be there".

4. Nice shot. I don't know if I'd have the guts to wear that. Maybe in England.

5. I have to force myself to look for all view. Used to static shots.

mikemorrell likes this.
  6. "Nice shot. I don't know if I'd have the guts to wear that. Maybe in England"

Of course you would in England..

We have folks dressed as Hobbits ,Rupert the Bear, Gandalf the Grey, and anything you care to imagining. Maybe we have a troubled, imagination, which folks from afar have forgotten and lost.

7. Never mind. I just did a Google search.

8. "Pardon my ignorance, but. Is there a story there and if yes, what is it?"

I suppose you need to read the story. If you are struggling, ask your mum, I'm sure she would be more than happy to read you this bedtime story.

Perhaps, Sherlock Holmes would help. I doubt, too busy solving the case of the missing clipboard.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  9. Maybe we have a troubled, imagination, which folks from afar have forgotten and lost.

10. “Stare. It is the way to educate your eye, and more. Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long.”
    Walker Evans

11. There's no such thing as stupid questions. Only stupid answers.

inoneeye and mikemorrell like this.
  12. Yes, there indeed are stupid questions too.

13. I merely corrected the "there are no stupid questions" thingy. Was not saying that anyone's question was an example that proved the point.

14. "Yes, there indeed are stupid questions too" q.g

You remind me, of times long ago ,of a teacher called Mr. Fox, a Mathematics teacher. He used ask the pupils if they understood his teaching, if not put their hand up; the pupils who put their hand, up was subjected to a nasty flicked ear...the redness lasted for days.....he was a master of the flicked ear.

Obviously, nobody put their hand up...who wants to appear stupid, and have a nasty flicked ear.

15. silly, naive, confused, annoying... sure but. dishonest questions aside a sincere question is not stupid. Stupid answer(er)s to honest questions are often just arrogance.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    MrAndMrsIzzy likes this.
  16. And even sincere questions can be stupid. But that's another thread.
    For now, just remind yourself of the fact that it is allowed to be stupid. Despite people saying things like "who wants to appear stupid. And not only that: there is no person, dead or alive, who hasn't been and will be stupid again at one time or another.

MrAndMrsIzzy likes this.