Guidelines can improve many photo's - what else?

"Nice shot. I don't know if I'd have the guts to wear that. Maybe in England"

Of course you would in England..

We have folks dressed as Hobbits ,Rupert the Bear, Gandalf the Grey, and anything you care to imagining. Maybe we have a troubled, imagination, which folks from afar have forgotten and lost.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Pardon my ignorance, but. Is there a story there and if yes, what is it?"

I suppose you need to read the story. If you are struggling, ask your mum, I'm sure she would be more than happy to read you this bedtime story.

Perhaps, Sherlock Holmes would help. I doubt, too busy solving the case of the missing clipboard.

Edited by Allen Herbert

"Yes, there indeed are stupid questions too" q.g

You remind me, of times long ago ,of a teacher called Mr. Fox, a Mathematics teacher. He used ask the pupils if they understood his teaching, if not put their hand up; the pupils who put their hand, up was subjected to a nasty flicked ear...the redness lasted for days.....he was a master of the flicked ear.

Obviously, nobody put their hand up...who wants to appear stupid, and have a nasty flicked ear.

And even sincere questions can be stupid. But that's another thread.

For now, just remind yourself of the fact that it is allowed to be stupid. Despite people saying things like "who wants to appear stupid. And not only that: there is no person, dead or alive, who hasn't been and will be stupid again at one time or another.

• Like 1

There will always be many smarter than you so where do you draw the line for stupid? semantics aside, asking a genuine question you do not know the answer to does not make a stupid question, it is wise and worthy of respect. not your arbitrary line, label.
  • Like 1

n e y e

Was that a rhetorical question q.g... no one said it would be. Lack of comprehension often leads to wrong or misleading questions. Sometimes intentional.

If asking a stupid question then what makes it so? What often gets labeled as a stupid question is often just the wrong question to fill a genuine lack of knowledge. Wrong question means that the way you ask the question often determines the answer you get.

Edited by inoneeye
  • Like 1

n e y e

"The thing with stupidity, however, is that it mostly expresses itself as confident assertions" Q, G.

Oh wow. A massive assertion, that those who are asking questions, are expressing themselves with confident assertions. The reality is folk are very wary of asking questions, as they don't want to appear stupid. I'm always happy for Q.G to answer any question....I might think, maybe, it is a expression of confident stupidity, but I would still like to hear it.

Ask any teacher, what they think about stupid questions; and if there is such a thing, as a stupid question asked in a genuine way.

• Like 1

And that, Allen, might qualify as an example.

The reality is that noone said that asking questions was stupid, nor that the questions that were asked were stupid, and also not that the questions asked were assertions.

"Oh wow".

And again a good example, your assertion that any teacher would confirm that any genuine question cannot be stupid. "Oh wow".

Edited by q.g._de_bakker
  • Like 1