I have a Nikon Z5 and lence tamrom 35- 150 mm f/2.8 what is the best sitting for indoor sports

SAYED sALEH

It really depends on the lighting and how fast the action is. Usually lenses are their sharpest when closed down about two stops...you might want to check yours to determine its sweet spot at various apertures and focal length. How far away from your key subjects in the indoor sports will you be, do you want to capture a single individual or a group? I suggest you experiment to determine what works best for what you have in mind.

For indoor sports, f2.8 sounds right, with a fast enough shutter speed to capture a sharp image of people moving.  I would take more noise from using really high ISO to motion blur of using too slow a shutter speed (unless that is the type of image you are trying to get).  Recent advances in AI enabled noise reduction in processing software has bought additional high ISO usability.  If you have enough light to stop down for greater DOF if needed, then go for it.

Edited by Ken Katz

• 1 month later...

Sounds like nice kit. Indoor sports depend on arena lights, white balance is more critical than exposure,  shutterspeeds like 1/30s - 1/200s help to create desired level of motion blur, aperture is likely wide open, if must, raise ISO and stop down a bit for added field of depth.

• 2 weeks later...