Security issue with Photo.net?

When I try to access photo.net on Firefox or Safari on my Mac, I get this message,

"Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.photo.net. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time. (the time is correct)

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely.

What can you do about it?

www.photo.net has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit       this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem."

I can still log on using Safari if I accept the security risks (obviously I can still log on or I wouldn't be writing this). Does anyone else have this problem? Do the photo.net site administrators need to fix this problem? - I think so. Perhaps this problem is related to the change from daylight savings to standard time?

I now see that this is discussed in "photo.net site help".

Edited by Glenn McCreery
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glenn McCreery said:

When I try to access photo.net on Firefox or Safari on my Mac, I get this message,

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.photo.net. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time. (the time is correct)

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely.

www.photo.net has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit       this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem."

I can still log on using Safari if I accept the security risks (obviously I can still log on or I wouldn't be writing this). Does anyone else have this problem? Do the photo.net site administrators need to fix this problem? - I think so. Perhaps this problem is related to the change from daylight savings to standard time?

I think we all do.

Just noticed this myself. Safari offers a work around, tho so I figured I'd come see what was up. Anyway, I've been a regular on other forums or sites in the past and had this happen (expired certificate), so I dont see it as all that unusual. Nor I do I recall it ever killing a site before. I hope it doesnt happen here, tho.     

On 11/7/2023 at 8:14 AM, Glenn McCreery said:

It has been a great frustration for days now.  And, it is not the only issue on Photo.net.  I am not getting any notifications because Photo. net tells me my emails are rebounding and requires me to change my email address.   My email address has and does work for everything for 25 years, including Photo.net up until this website made all the changes last year and caught us all by surprise.