When I purchased my second Desktop Computer in 2021 a Dell Optiplex from a Busines Liquidator, I made sure to get a Windows 7 operating system due to the perpiherals I have attached to Windows 7.

I downloaded Photoshop Elements 9 , Light Room 3.1 with no problems to my new computer, but when I tried to download Photoshop CS5  it kept asking me for the Activation Key which I did not have. I still had the disk,  but unfortunately the Activation Key was not printed on it.

So I called the folks at Adobe. I gave them a copy of my receipt for CS5 Extended  ($375.00 on a student discount),  I gave them my Adobe password, the serial # to the Disk, the date I purchased the software etc etc, but they refused to give me the Activation Key so I could activate the software.

Their response was: UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 !! and UPGRADE TO NEWER VERSION OF PS !!.  Finally I got the activation key from a list of activation keys that are posted on the Web. I went through 10 of them before I finally found out the one that activated my 15+ year old software. The only problem I had with PS CS5 until now was Camera RAW.

Edited by hjoseph7

4 minutes ago, hjoseph7 said:

The only problem I had until now was Camera RAW.

On 7/19/2023 at 5:54 PM, hjoseph7 said:

I rebooted my computer today and I was able to convert recent(2023) RAW CR2 files using the DNG Converter ! I was able to open the files using Light Room 3 (2010) with no problems. I then tried opening the DNG files using Photoshop Elements 6.1 (2009) . It opened the files,  but it took about 3-5 minutes to open each file. 

Wrong.png

Edited by digitaldog

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Just now, hjoseph7 said:

You did not have a a valid response only emotional fanatic allegiance to Adobe. and finger pointing If you are getting paid then I understand... 

"Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes." -Jawaharlal Nehru

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

You seem to discard all evidence against you, meaning you don't make a good judge, or your lack a good sence of judgement.  It's your way, or the highway. Good luck with that my friend because you will be judged in the same exact manner. 

Edited by hjoseph7

2 hours ago, hjoseph7 said:

You seem to discard all evidence against you, meaning you don't make a good judge, or your lack a good sence of judgement.  It's your way, or the highway. Good luck with that my friend because you will be judged in the same exact manner. 

The absurd is the last refuge of a pundit without an argument.

16 minutes ago, hjoseph7 said:

A criminal, dishonest or very proud person will never admit their errors. They will go down to their grave yelling and screaming:  I DIDN'T DO IT, I'M INNOCENT I TELL YA !I

Quotation-Abraham-Lincoln-Better-to-rema

On 7/18/2023 at 5:35 PM, hjoseph7 said:

Come to think about you are the weird and moldy character that kept me away from this Forum for 3 years ! I should have known. See you in the next 3 years...

Edited by digitaldog

The “Problem”

Jesus proclaimed that “whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire” (Matthew 5:22). However, there are instances throughout Scripture where people are called fools. For example, David wrote, “The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God’” (Psalm 14:1). Paul told the Galatians they were foolish (Galatians 3:1). Jesus even said the Pharisees and scribes were fools in Matthew 23:17.

Sorry Joe, I'm with Ron: 

Do, however, get in the last silly word here in the tread you hijacked, then demanded to be closed, then promised to leave. I don't have any more time for your foolishness. 

5 minutes ago, frans_waterlander said:

Oh yes, you do...

"Tell people that there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin

Since it is relevant - and - as an explanation was sent to the OP:

This conversation would have seen my intervention earlier; it did not because I was traveling outback without reliable digital communication and have not logged in to Photo.net for a few weeks.

It is unfortunate that such a simple request for advice, went down the drain.

William   

• Very Nice 1
  • Yes! 1