Interesting DSLR MONO from Pentax.

mike_halliwell

Pentax may release a new camera every once in a while but they have only a few lenses with autofocus motors in the lens. I don't want to go back to 1986 in AF motor tech (mechanical link between camera motor and lens gears). I don't want to wait for Pentax to make the equivalents of lenses I already have for Nikon F mount (it will simply never happen). Many of the lenses that they once made that are interesting (some of the Limited series) they no longer make. Since it is safe to assume most Nikon lenses that have been made for F mount are no longer in use, there should not be any shortage of second hand replacements if I should break one of my lenses after Nikon no longer repairs them (10-20 years from now it could happen). I still use mostly DSLR equipment as I prefer the more direct connection to the subject. The D850 OVF is like a breath of fresh air that simply makes for a happy shooting experience after using an EVF for a while.

Edited by ilkka_nissila

5 hours ago, Niels - NHSN said:

I have lived in Japan for several years and I think many people are unaware how prominently photography is engrained in Japanese culture. There are dozens of photography themed printed magazines on the newsstands - and even more MOOKS being published on a regular basis catering to the most obscure variations of photographic interests.

Believe you are right.  Many years ago when I visited Japan (Tokyo) for the first time, when I was not much of a photographer, I chanced upon a photo shoot featuring models in kimonos and was taken aback by a sea of enthusiastic photographers gathered in front of the stage, all carrying cameras much bigger than mine.  I didn't know the cameras they had then and now I think there had to be many Hasselblads and Mamiyas. Witnessing such a spectacle of men jostling with each other, all carrying massive cameras, was truly a remarkable experience.   I was not aware of any women there though.  😲

• Like 1