Is a city owned parking garage public or private property?

22 hours ago, c_watson1 said:

Same old entitlement issues...Are the kids FAA licensed?

There is no need for licensure under part 107 if flying for personal usage. Further, the drone is 249g and therefore doesn't even require registration with the FAA.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how this relates, but I once had to photograph some Storage Units in my area. Some of the owners of these Storage Units were familiar with the company asking for the pictures, but some were not. If I wasn't allowed entrance to the property, I could still gett off a couple of snaps from the outside and get Paid. The company that hired me said there is nothing illegal about shooting a private property from a public place(The street). I was shooting just such a property from the outside when the owner ran out and took pictures of my car's licence plates. He told me if anything was missing from his property, he would  furnish those photos he took to the police...    

Then there's this from the above cited source:

To fly a drone as a hobbyist in the state of Florida (i.e. for fun / pleasure) you are required by the FAA to take The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). You are also required to follow the FAA’s recreational model aircraft rules. One of those rules is that if your drone weighs more than 0.55 lbs (250g), you’ll need to pay $5 to get it registered. There are additional rules when it comes to airspace and altitude, keeping your drone within line-of-sight while you’re flying, and more.

11 hours ago, paddler4 said:

As someone who does drone photography, I am pleased that some parks ban them. Many people go to parks for peace and quiet, not to hear they high-pitched whine of drones. However, still photography in a parking garage is an entirely different matter, as it doesn't interfere with what other users do unless you take photos of people or their personal possessions.

But the OP was flying a drone from the parking lot building.

2 hours ago, c_watson1 said:

Then there's this from the above cited source:

To fly a drone as a hobbyist in the state of Florida (i.e. for fun / pleasure) you are required by the FAA to take The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). You are also required to follow the FAA’s recreational model aircraft rules. One of those rules is that if your drone weighs more than 0.55 lbs (250g), you’ll need to pay $5 to get it registered. There are additional rules when it comes to airspace and altitude, keeping your drone within line-of-sight while you’re flying, and more.

Suspect tantrums and insults are your MO whenever things don't go your way. Plenty of evidence of that here lately. Perhaps another place to fly--and kvetch endlessly?

And yet none of that is actually associated with licensing. In fact, they flat out tell you that you can keep answering each question of the TRUST exam until you get 100%. Again, I suspect it's reading comprehension and that your go to method of dealing with your inferior intellect is to pretend you're an authority on every subject. Plenty of evidence of that here.