Some suggestions

Pierre Dumas

1. "Move to album" feature should be enabled as soon as possible so that the members could restore their lost albums

2. I think that the majority of the members don't know that their name may be changed to what it was before, so they should be informed about that by mail

3. "Write a review" should be enabled for all photos and not only for those in the "member albums"

4. Deleted photos shouldn't be visible

5. Albums should be editable at any time

6. The full size photos with metadata should be downloadable only for the authors they belong to, for the other visitors they should be reduced in size and without metadata (like on Facebook)

7. The images should be editable until the first comment

8. The ratings shouldn't  be visible and the average of ratings should be shown only after certain number of ratings, let me say ten or maybe five or whatever number the administration chooses

So, please, say your opinion on each of those suggestions (refers to members) and opinion and feasibility (refers to administrators)

Much obliged

PDE

Edited by Pierre Dumas Esquire
lingual corrections

Customization of this new software is limited.

It was stated in a recent thread that our photos from previous versions of PN cannot be permanently deleted due to the migration process and new software constraints.

Here's what @TGOPS said in the Photonet at a Crossroads thread ...

Because of failures within the Invision (IPS) Community platform, moderators and administrators are unable to delete images that were present before the October migration debacle.  For many users we cannot delete images aside from "one at a time" instances.  This is not something that we are going to do for hundreds (and in the case of some, thousands of images).  What should work as a selectable "bulk" deletion does not work--nor has action on the part of Invision Community administrators to fix it succeeded.

Here is what we can do.  Your account (or anyone elses) can be completely deleted, ala GDPR style.

The choice is whether a member who requests that is to move on, or create a new account on PhotoNet.

Please advise at your earliest convenience.

And here's what @TGOPS said in the recent Cheating the Spammers thread ...

Nor do we have the ability TO ADD A SINGLE PLUGIN to this board.  Nor does the corporate ownership have any plans on spending anything to acquire plugins.

Administration still will listen to suggestions and do what they can to improve things, but it will be the wise member who understands that many requests will not be able to be fulfilled. I have opted not to ask for anything at this point, taking the new PN for what it is and assuming it will never be what it was, which administration has stated over and over. There is no going back. PN used to be a much photography site. It still has value. Accepting what it is now or moving on from PN seems the realistic way to go.

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

Another suggestion :

- In the Nikon Forum, there is a weekly thread on Wednesdays where participants can post 1-3  photo's, this thread has a rule not to post "inappropriate images like "swimsuit" pictures because this site is visited all over the world, or maybe during work at office, and also by "youngsters" and alsopeople of different religion.

i do agree to this rule , if somebody wants to see "human form" i think he has to explicitly do so by switching to the forum intended for this.

But now, with the new front page and also the sidebar on the right of the screen, all recent uploads are shown, including explicit nude images.

I think it would be a good idea not to show those images at the front page and side-bar of th site, but in the nude and erotics forum only so that anyone has the freedom to see or not to see those images

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CvhKaar said:

In the Nikon Forum, there is a weekly thread on Wednesdays

You know that's just the forum member's choice who starts that thread every week? As a member, you can start threads of your own; just once ('A few pictures with my Nikon F3, which I took out after a long time'), or every week ('Swimsuit Saturday', 'Formal Friday') and whatever rules you like, as long as they're within the site's rules. Or I guess you could message the guy who runs Nikon Wednesday.

Maybe not; it seems this is run by a small group of members, and is modeled on something that has quite a long history. So if you start your own thread, you're unlikely to get the same level of participation. But nothing to stop you doing it anyway.

Edited by Dustin McAmera

This is not about the thread in the Nikon forum, this is about the FrontPage of Photo.net. 

the moment you surf towards Phot.net you now get a front page showing nudes, which is not a good idea for the groups mentioned in my previous answer :

image.png.4bbdfe99f038222964a3c25fc000ab6c.png

9 hours ago, CvhKaar said:

But now, with the new front page and also the sidebar on the right of the screen, all recent uploads are shown, including explicit nude images.

I think it would be a good idea not to show those images at the front page and side-bar of th site, but in the nude and erotics forum only so that anyone has the freedom to see or not to see those images

7 hours ago, Dustin McAmera said:

Maybe not; it seems this is run by a small group of members, and is modeled on something that has quite a long history. So if you start your own thread, you're unlikely to get the same level of participation. But nothing to stop you doing it anyway.

I'm no prude, but I don't think it is appropriate or beneficial to the needed growth in traffic for this site to have NSFW images appear on the PN homepage.  In fact, the only place where these images are blurred out is in the N&E galley where they actually belong.  This comment is from a prospective of a 25 year PN member.

While it is clear that our current corporate owners have no budget to invest in PN, it also seems to me that their shock at finding PN flooded with spam a bit disingenuous, since every web site and blog on the planet, large and small, has to deal with an avalanche of spam.  As long as there is a user tool to delete potential spam, then I guess crowd sourcing is the only option. 

16 hours ago, CvhKaar said:

And do we also get a similar filter for over-saturated landscapes, beauuuutiful sunsets, and pretty flowers? 😊

Then again, I’m perfectly capable of passing quickly by images that don’t suit me.

My perspective is that photography is photography. If there’s content that disturbs me, I ignore it in favor of appreciating what’s offered that I enjoy. If the annoying content bothers me enough, I don’t go to the site. If an art or photography website offers content that might embarrass or get me in trouble in public, I don’t open it in public.  

I don’t like the idea of singling photo genres out for suppression, especially on a photography website for adults.

Some of the nudes are spam, which should be gotten rid of like all the other spam.

Edited by samstevens
  • Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

24 minutes ago, samstevens said:

And do we also get a similar filter for over-saturated landscapes, beauuuutiful sunsets, and pretty flowers? 😊

Then again, I’m perfectly capable of passing quickly by images that don’t suit me.

My perspective is that photography is photography. If there’s content that disturbs me, I ignore it in favor of appreciating what’s offered that I enjoy. If the annoying content bothers me enough, I don’t go to the site. If an art or photography website offers content that might embarrass or get me in trouble in public, I don’t open it in public.  

I don’t like the idea of singling photo genres out for suppression, especially on a photography website for adults.

Some of the nudes are spam, which should be gotten rid of like all the other spam.

I don't pay a lot of attention to nudes, and frankly, they should be as they were on the Photo.net of yore, but so far, that hasn't been possible. If some are Spam, please report them.

10 hours ago, Pierre Dumas Esquire said:

I said: The deleted images shouldn't be visible. When I wrote this a thumbnail of the deleted picture showed and a red text! I don't see my deleted picture anymore!

There are still traces of deleted photos, when I click on them it reads You do not have permission to view this content.

5 hours ago, William Michael said:

That's good, yes? That's what you wanted, isn't it?

Assuming your post is a "thank you"? , then - You're welcome.

WW

It would have been if it wasn't for this: image.png.fb7fed6d4b64f858b50d3dac02c26db0.png

In combination with this: image.png.4639a673f913f3e195de267d4359a47b.png

In words: There are still remains of deleted pictures which are in fact trash! I said the picture wasn't there anymore, but didn't know then that others were!

Thank you for your attention, William Michael

PDE

Edited by Pierre Dumas Esquire

7 hours ago, William Michael said:

Assuming your post is a "thank you"? , then - You're welcome.

2 hours ago, Pierre Dumas Esquire said:

It would have been if it wasn't for this: 

In that case it shall not be interpreted as "thank you". Mea Culpa.  

In the big scheme of things here at Photo.net and with respect to the numerous complaints concerning hundreds of images that seemingly* could not be deleted by the user who posted them - after the efforts to manage a system bulk deletion - complaining about having one or two remnants still existing does seem an insignificant whine.

*seemingly because the process of deleting on this system is automatically TIME segmented. One should not assume an immediate response. Similar to a PC - one dumps the rubbish in "Trash", where it resides, until the Trash is EMPTIED.

This functionality has been explained before.   

The image cited above, or a copy of it, appeared in "Sport" for User Comments.

The image was "Hidden", which probably explains why you could not access it.

Don't ask how it got into Sport, or why, I don't know.

The image had several comments attached to it, one was from your login which read in part, "... it was so long ago I had forgotten about this".

The image, which appeared in Sport, and the comments attributed to it, have been permanently deleted from the system.

No thanks are required.

WW

• Excellent! 2

GENERAL COMMUNITY WIDE COMMENT -

It has been mentioned several times by others, not I, yet I find it necessary to mention now: this new platform is way less than adequately equipped to manage and arrange in a manner to suit all user's requests. It will NEVER function the same as the previous iterations of Photo.net, that is FACT.

There are some very talented and extremely dedicated Members who are managing the back end of the Forums and Images. This is done their OWN TIME and at their OWN EXPENSE. None of these folk require, nor ask for accolade, money nor any particular mention. 

Respect and understanding of the fact that: what we have is what we have will however go a long way in the journey.

Also what goes a long way is respecting and understanding - Members' comments apropos ideas for improvement and drawing attention to shortcomings of the system are read and appreciated

ALL Requests CANNOT be acted upon immediately - mostly all forum posts in Site Help are answered: understand that, given the limitation of the system, it is impossible to facilitate all requests.

Have a great week end.

WW      

• Excellent! 3