Film Camera Week for January 27

@rick_drawbridge Those images all look great, Rick.  My favorites are #004 and #006.  Too bad about the weather interrupting the show.  That's a real bummer.

I have a favor to ask.  Next time, if you spot a '71 American Motors Ambassador, please take a pic for me.  That was my first car and they don't show up very often at the local car shows.

• Like 1

@GaryGreen .. I don't envy you in this regard... I had a TLR Rolleicord knockoff from Photavit in Nürnberg, Germany; the Photina Reflex III (sold as Tower in the USA).
I shot a roll or two and there was no "interlock" AFAIK.
After replacing the screen (Thanks Rick Oleson) suddenly the shutter wouldn't fire.  Took me about an hour before I realized I need to "advance the film" to actuate the interlock.   Must've been stuck open (or disabled) and i'd just used  the rear window to advance! Maybe you'll be so lucky!  I think RickN in Holland "had the pleasure" of working on this model or perhaps another,, There were two ZI TLRs .

On 1/26/2023 at 7:12 AM, James Bryant said:

View from Clingmans Dome Tower, GSMNP. 1981. Hasselblad 500c, Zeiss Sonnar 150mm f4, K2, Kodak Panatomic-X, Zone VI developer.

s24.jpg

Love that view. More hiking than what Cerebral Palsy, spinal defects, and my short leg/hip would put up with. Not friendly for wheelchair users. I wish I could get to that view, and shoot some of my own Spastic Images. 

8 hours ago, Kent T said:

Love that view. More hiking than what Cerebral Palsy, spinal defects, and my short leg/hip would put up with. Not friendly for wheelchair users. I wish I could get to that view, and shoot some of my own Spastic Images. 

Actually good images are available from the Clingmans Dome parking lot before you go to to the tower. Checkout a map of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

• Yes! 1

On 2/4/2023 at 1:49 PM, bruce_z._li2 said:

@jason_withersIndeed excellent color results from the Ektar on Ektachrome! I'm restoring one Signet 35 right now (rangefinder/viewfinder cleaned, shutter next), and hope to get it into good working condition next week. Your photos and my earlier photos makes this little quirky camera worth it.

I hope the restore of your camera goes well! It is a quirky camera for sure, but that Ektar lens hasn't disappointed me yet. The manual cocking of the shutter is only a minor inconvenience really.