New Pentax film cameras

fototom

Google is your friend:

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+Pentax+film+cameras&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS997US997&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

I doubt anyone here knows anything more about this subject than what is posted on the above link.  If you are really interested, probably best to do a similar search on a regular basis and hopefully Ricoh will announce something or someone will leak something to a rumor site.  Of course there are piles of used film cameras available for purchase today. 

Having watched the video it looks like a 35 mm P/S would be first in line with others to follow if the first is successful. I wouldn't expect medium format for a long time, if ever, since that was always a niche format.  Given the prices for used K 1000's that might be a possibility later, but I have no information to support that.

On 1/1/2023 at 1:15 AM, fototom said:

Ken - There are two types of people - those who like to talk photography, and everyone else.  You are obviously in the first group so all is good.  I do have a K1000 somewhere around here that I've never shot.  Hmm . . .

Is it for sale? I have 5 and they are looking for mates😉😂

On 12/31/2022 at 2:16 PM, fototom said:

Wasn't expecting such a snarky response on my first-in-a-long-time Photo.net post.  Yes, I Googled. I thought perhaps someone had some insight, inside info, or speculation.

Maybe lose the attitude? Smart-a$$ newbs not infrequently get instant karma hereabouts. Had you cared to do some research, you'd have seen Ricoh/Pentax is being very tentative about its film camera "road map." There's some obvious blue sky/hot air here but then you asked, right?

https://petapixel.com/2022/12/20/pentax-launches-new-35mm-camera-project-after-film-resurgence/

• 2 weeks later...