Mirrorless cameras come out on top at Qatar World Cup...

hjoseph7

Not surprising given the superb AF tracking abilities of the best mirrorless cameras. Seems to me that sports photography is one of the genres for which upgrading to a new mirrorless body makes sense. For others of us, less so...

Edited by paddler4
  • Like 1

Agreed that it was only a matter of time. Things change, new gear outworks old gear. No surprise in any of this, it seems. Perhaps tho, there's plenty of challenge in changing to a wholenew system... Maybe Canon & Nikon have designed their mirrorless units to use older existing lenses? IMO that'd be huge, and an incentive for an easy transition from old to new- shoot new gear now, buy new glass later. Everybody wins.  

• 3 months later...

pro sport use a lens attached to a camera. The lens comes first, depending on the sport: football and soccer: 300mm 2.8 on a cropped sensor, 400mm 2.8 on a full frame. Mandatory. if a camera doesn't "sport" that lens then the user is an amateur, not a pro. because? the pictures that sell are from those two lenses 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 9:43 AM, paddler4 said:

Not surprising given the superb AF tracking abilities of the best mirrorless cameras. Seems to me that sports photography is one of the genres for which upgrading to a new mirrorless body makes sense. For others of us, less so...

Well, for me not having to MFA any lenses was worth it alone. All my lenses worked better in the R series than the 5D series cams.

On 5/22/2023 at 7:08 PM, dmanthree said:

Well, for me not having to MFA any lenses was worth it alone. All my lenses worked better in the R series than the 5D series cams.

And I changed my mind anyway and bought an R6 Mark II. I've found all sorts of ways that it's been a big step up. And the fabulous AF is great for candids of kids, which I do a lot.

• Like 1