Blurred out nudes? Why?

dmanthree

5 hours ago, Dustin McAmera said:

I see that opt-in button in Firefox (version 105.2.0) on my Android phone. The laptop is upstairs; I'll see if shows on that in a few minutes.

On my laptop (Windows 11, Firefox 106.0.1) I see the opt-in buttons, one on each image in the gallery view. Just for fun (🙈) I clicked on one. All the images are now clear, but only in the gallery view; if I click on a single image to open it full-size, it's still blurred. Also, I don't see an opt-back-out control  🍈🍈😳

No: I never had any galleries here. I just mean the multi-picture view for the nude category. Under 'Explore' at the top, select 'Gallery'. Then scroll down - Nude is in the 5th row - might vary with how big your screen is I guess. Click on that and you have an array of pictures from many users (the view Sandy Vongries posted above). That's what I meant by 'gallery view'.

Also, I worked out how to opt back out of NSFW images, but not using the forum's controls. The status is stored as a cookie. In Firefox, you can do Tools>Browser tools>Web developer tools: that opens a panel across the bottom of the screen. At the top of that panel, there's a section called Storage. If you click that, one of the types of storage you can inspect is cookies (at the left of the panel). The NSFW opt-in status cookie is quite clearly named. I just deleted it, and I have the blurred images and opt-in buttons back.

Not that I have any great beef with NSFW images; but I may sometimes looking at the site while in a work- or work-like setting, and anyway I wanted to see how it worked. I think there should be an opt-back-out button.

Edited by Dustin McAmera
  • Like 1

"At the top of that panel, there's a section called Storage. If you click that, one of the types of storage you can inspect is cookies (at the left of the panel). The NSFW opt-in status cookie is quite clearly named. I just deleted it, and I have the blurred images and opt-in buttons back. "

I tried this procedure and it worked. However, once I left the site and came back the images are back to being greyed out, and no Opt-In option.

13 minutes ago, Phil_Light said:

I do not see any opt-in feature on individual images either. Even my own images which I have opted-in for already from my profile activity. 

image.png.c91fbb44b18a592368777fb35bde70a1.png

That's what I see as well, in both browsers. The thumbnails are clear, the full size images are like this. WTF?

9 minutes ago, dmanthree said:

More mystery: now the behavior is the same on both browsers; clear thumbnails, blurred full-size. And NO option to "opt-in" on either browser. Hope they're working on it.

I did try the cookie clearing suggestion and then re-entered the image by way of the comments, and voila' there was the opt-in feature! Not very practical, and very convoluted. So I second the motion, "Hope they're working on it," at least as far as seamlessly integrated. 

1 hour ago, Phil_Light said:

I did try the cookie clearing suggestion and then re-entered the image by way of the comments, and voila' there was the opt-in feature! Not very practical, and very convoluted. So I second the motion, "Hope they're working on it," at least as far as seamlessly integrated. 

I deleted the cookies, logged back in, and got the "opt-in" button. But...after I closed the browser and went back in, well, same old nothing. Clearly a site bug.