Blurred out nudes? Why?

dmanthree

On 10/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, dmanthree said:

I deleted the cookies, logged back in, and got the "opt-in" button. But...after I closed the browser and went back in, well, same old nothing. Clearly a site bug.

This is still a problem even for my own images (blurred-out) and even after opt-in is selected. NSFW settings are still broken.

11 hours ago, Phil_Light said:

This is still a problem even for my own images (blurred-out) and even after opt-in is selected. NSFW settings are still broken.

Yeah, and I've tried multiple browsers. What's the problem here? I've never seen any "opt in" notice, but see the thumbnails in their full glory, but not the full-size images. Works on Windows, so it's a Mac issue with the site. Or, more correctly, a site issue for Macs.

31 minutes ago, dmanthree said:

OK, this is getting idiotic. Earlier today, it worked. Now it's back to having no opt-in buttons. Something really wrong on this site.

Rather than idiotic, I'd take it as a sign that it's being worked on, but not quite settled yet. Very often, when software is being tweaked, there are hiccups along the way. Usually, it settles in once the tech people sort it out. But, who knows? 

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

20 hours ago, samstevens said:

Rather than idiotic, I'd take it as a sign that it's being worked on, but not quite settled yet. Very often, when software is being tweaked, there are hiccups along the way. Usually, it settles in once the tech people sort it out. But, who knows? 

I've reached out to the admins, and if it's being worked on a simple reply would help. Honestly, this seems pretty basic and should have been spotted in beta testing.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 10:39 AM, dmanthree said:

Yeah, and I've tried multiple browsers. What's the problem here? I've never seen any "opt in" notice, but see the thumbnails in their full glory, but not the full-size images. Works on Windows, so it's a Mac issue with the site. Or, more correctly, a site issue for Macs.

Same happening on Windows 10 and all browsers here. I am still waiting to see my "Albums" which are still not visible. 

• Like 1

Not that I really care a whole lot, but this NSFW issue in the Gallery is getting a bit absurd 1 1/2 months into the new PN migration.  On the home page today there is a 4"x4" nude for all to see and in unread messages there are postage stamp sized nude images.  I no longer work so I really don't have any issues, but to still have blurred out Galleries makes no sense.  Clearly NSFW is not a factor given the unblurred home page.  Either add a NSFW switch to the Member's profile, or just get rid of the blurred images all together.

• Like 1
  • Yes! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 11:58 AM, warren_starkebaum said:

Try right clicking on an image and select "open in incognito", the the opt in button appears and you can see an unblurred image.  Works, but you need to do this on each and every image you wish to see.

Tried that, but no option to do that. Honestly, this is ridiculous. I tried to see an image in Portraits and it's blurred. For no good reason. This site is still broken, and it's been quite a while with no fix or communication from "mjensen."

10 hours ago, dmanthree said:

This site is still broken, and it's been quite a while with no fix or communication from "mjensen."

Very true. My reaction has been to stop expecting anything to change, utilize PN for what it now offers, make use of whatever functions work, such as forums, appreciate the moderators for what tasks they can accomplish, and forget about mjensen or any administrative participation or diligence until there’s evidence of something happening. “It is what it is” really seems to apply. 

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Edited by samstevens
  • Like 2

"You talkin' to me?"

The problem is not on our end--but on the platform.

Just prior to MJ's disappearance he had set permissions for NSFW and turned off the badge system.  Then nearly 4 weeks later someone using the testuser1 administrator account (on November 21st) turned the badges back on, and messed up the editing timeout, reinstated the badges, and bollixed up the NSFW function.  That account has not returned (nor any other admin account) and nothing has changed except us since then...

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

• 3 weeks later...