How to see a thread a second time

AlanKlein

How do you get back to a thread you already reviewed?

What happens is when I first log on, I have a list of all threads that have new posts since the last time I visited the site.  If I look at one of the topics, and then want to go back later in the day or just click page back, it's removed from the list.  In the old system it was still there to look at again. 

So my question is how do you find that topic thread again?

I think I remember that happening before the change; I was always careful to open threads in a new window, so as not to upset the 'Unread posts' window.

Here, at the top-left of the Unread window, you should see 'Home >Activity >Unread content'.  If you click on the word Activity, it shows you a list of all recent activity; it now includes entries for Likes, new members registering, etc. as well as forum posts.

Edited by Dustin McAmera
typo

BTW, you can also set "all activity" as your default stream: when you're in "all activity", there will be a button to the right of the title that says "stream options"; click on the down arrow to choose set as default. That will give you a button under your name at the top of the screen that takes you directly to "all activity."

Leslie is correct.  If there is a particular thread you want to keep track of, look on the right side of the topic name header banner and note the "follow" button.  Using this, you can temporarily or permanently watch (or be notified) of any activity on that page--and it will appear in the site header banner as a dropdown selection under your name, under "Manage Followed Content".  Easy to delete also.

Everyone should check out their profile and account preferences to set how they want to be notified of various things!

Edited by PapaTango
  • Like 1

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

1 hour ago, PapaTango said:

Everyone should check out their profile and account preferences to set how they want to be notified of various things!

I want a midnight rider to approach on horse and blow his trumpet but I can't find that option!

"You talkin' to me?"

On 10/9/2022 at 4:49 PM, PapaTango said:

Well, I find that signatures are not turned on.  I may never get over it...

How do you do signatures?  I would like to have my Flickr page link in each my posts if someone wants to reference my photos.  I don't keep separate photos here in PN.  

1 hour ago, AlanKlein said:

How do you do signatures?  I would like to have my Flickr page link in each my posts if someone wants to reference my photos.  I don't keep separate photos here in PN.  

@AlanKlein our forum administrator has not enabled them in the control panel.  I am doing a cut and paste and adding my own here, but adding one's information is accomplished in the user Profile that you obviously know how to use!

We just need to give them time, keep making requests, and hope that such things are within the vision of what @mjensen wants to accomplish... 😎

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

34 minutes ago, PapaTango said:

@AlanKlein our forum administrator has not enabled them in the control panel.  I am doing a cut and paste and adding my own here, but adding one's information is accomplished in the user Profile that you obviously know how to use!

We just need to give them time, keep making requests, and hope that such things are within the vision of what @mjensen wants to accomplish... 😎

How and where in your profile did you add your birthday?  Maybe I can put my Flickr link in a similar place. 

When you tell us about a new function, can you tell us where to locate it? I've been looking for the "signature" form you posted above but can't seem to find it. I assumed it would be under profile and personal info, but it's not. 

Or, are these, perhaps, Pro only features?

Thanks.

Edited by samstevens

"You talkin' to me?"