365 Day Thread for 2022

1 hour ago, Mike Gammill said:

Not sure how to post an image yet.  One of the choices is to insert from an URL but I've never had to do that so I will wait for now.

I clicked on chose files, went to the folder on the computer, clicked the picture once, and then clicked in open. I am still in the learning curve.

• Like 1

James Bryant said: ''I clicked on chose files, went to the folder on the computer, clicked the picture once, and then clicked in open. I am still in the learning curve"

Just where did you find the "choose files" option? On the interface that loads for me I can't see any sign of this option.

Edited by rick_drawbridge

50 minutes ago, rick_drawbridge said:

James Bryant said: ''I clicked on chose files, went to the folder on the computer, clicked the picture once, and then clicked in open. I am still in the learning curve"

Just where did you find the "choose files" option? On the interface that loads for me I can't see any sign of this option.

It was at the end of the line that said drag files here to attach, or choose files.

I wonder if we are all getting the same screen when we post?  

bruce_z._li2 said: "@rick_drawbridgeplease see below screenshot where to drag file. I just dragged in the screenshot. I'm using Google Chrome browser which "should" be the same as Firefox."

Thanks, Bruce. As was suspected, that little paperclip and text does not show up on my interface. I've tried it with Chrome and Edge but still the facility is lacking. I'll leave things for 24 hours and if the problem still exists I'll go to Support.

mispelling

Upon investigation, it appears I may be well over my "attachment limit". For some crazy reason, the new site appears to have saved every image I've ever posted on Photonet to a "My Attachments " folder with 37 pages of photographs and a comment "You have used 3.11 GB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit." There seems to be no way of deleting from this folder, and I'm now assuming that, once you get over your "attachment limit" future posts do not permit further attachments.  Why this folder has been created and what purpose it serves, and if one can delete images from it, I have no idea... Any comments or advice?

Browser or OS updates can sometimes cause strange behavior, such as pages not displaying properly. Firefox just did installed some updates yesterday.

I just found "My Attachments" and I'm not sure that it's really a folder with copies of images uploaded, since it seems they can't be deleted. Not sure why there is this 488 MB limit, unless non-paying members have this restriction on the new site? I guess we'll learn more soon.

Edited by m42dave

6 hours ago, rick_drawbridge said:

Upon investigation, it appears I may be well over my "attachment limit". For some crazy reason, the new site appears to have saved every image I've ever posted on Photonet to a "My Attachments " folder with 37 pages of photographs and a comment "You have used 3.11 GB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit." There seems to be no way of deleting from this folder, and I'm now assuming that, once you get over your "attachment limit" future posts do not permit further attachments.  Why this folder has been created and what purpose it serves, and if one can delete images from it, I have no idea... Any comments or advice?

I have the same problem , and so far have been unable to obtain advice on how to fix it.

If I understood @mjensen correct, all the images and image galleries will be the last part of the migration and continue after p.net is opened. It probably doesn't make sense to look at the issue before that is done.

It is obvious that the individual 488mb max will be a problem for many of the active No Words posters and the owners should probably put high priority on finding a solution as soon as possible after the data transfer is completed. The picture posting threads are the most popular threads on P.net.

With that said, 95% of my image posts on the old photo.net have been hosted externally via flickr and the new P.net platform supports this as well.

Flickr allows 1000 images for free (as long as you don't include nudity).

Just saying in case someone wants to continue posting while we wait for the permanent solution.

• Like 2
Niels

7 hours ago, rick_drawbridge said:

Greetings from Invercargill. I've been locked out of the NW forum for the same reason 7.5k postings over 16 years. I have tried using the URL at Flickr method with no success and can't use the "Site Help forum" (your a/c doesn't allow this). I have requested info re upgrade to "PRO" but no response and have just asked support how to manage attachments. I think a clear statement on this matter is the least management can do. If you are a "PRO" or haven't reached the limit there doesn't seem any problem.

If "Pro" is a paid membership upgrade, then I believe mjensen mentioned that the payment system was not working at this time. The new site has only been up two days, so we'll probably just have to hang in there until the dust settles.

Anyway, here's one to keep the thread going. Taken with EXA 1a, CZJ Pancolar 50/2, ColorPlus 200.

Flowering Bush, EXA 1a CZJ Pancolar 50 f2.jpg

Edited by m42dave
  • Like 4

Hello again All. Got "bumped" out August of last year, and unable to contact the "higher powers"...now I see "we" have been "sold" again and some DeJa'Vu from the last time is cropping up...oh well.

Hope to have some new stuff up in several weeks. Aloha to all.   Bill Bowes

2k17-003-008 ces10 cec1 11x14 nb x bc.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 808 Photog said:

Hello again All. Got "bumped" out August of last year, and unable to contact the "higher powers"...now I see "we" have been "sold" again and some DeJa'Vu from the last time is cropping up...oh well.

Hope to have some new stuff up in several weeks. Aloha to all.   Bill Bowes

2k17-003-008 ces10 cec1 11x14 nb x bc.jpg

Good to see you back, I have missed your pictures.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 2:27 AM, NHSN said:

It is obvious that the individual 488mb max will be a problem for many of the active No Words posters and the owners should probably put high priority on finding a solution as soon as possible after the data transfer is completed.

All,

mjensen has restored the "Delete" function to My Attachments, so if you are over the 488 MB limit, then you should be able to take care of that now. Looks like you can only delete 25 items at a time, so it may be a slow process.

Edited by m42dave

Well, I still don't have the "delete" facility showing in "My attachments", but the paperclip icon has mysteriously appeared in my posting interface, so here's a trial posting for the 13th. Nikon F90X : 24-135mm Sigma D f/2.8-4.5 : Ilford Delta 400 : PMK Pyro.

Pleased (and relieved) to see you back, Bill!

941734167_CoffeeSupremecopy.jpg.b27ad09bf32eacea10149b842c4977ff.jpg

• Like 3