Loss of enthusiasm due to Covid?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, as this thing drags on do any of you feel less enthusiasm for the visual? In the past I might seek out casual landscapes or common objects that I thought could make a nice image. Now, unless something really wows me, I don't seem to pull out the camera at all. Certainly not interested in going anyplace where people congregate. The time of year probably doesn't help, fall is over and winter hasn't begun so everything is dead and/or grey. If it weren't for documenting things for reports at work, I'd be shooting near to nothing. Am I alone?

Two years ago my wife and I moved from the inner city to the 'outer' rural, the Ozarks. Different light here...a lot to learn, to learn to see it photographically with several projects underweigh, mainly photographing the old towns and villages. I've been collecting old maps for that project and have visited and photographed six locations, so far. For the first time this century I've got all the room I need for a darkroom. Life is good.

My favorite time is in the Spring, sitting by the pond in the evening sipping a drink and chorusing with the frogs. The rest of the world and its discontents is not my problem.

No city life, nor people, but I take son's sports, landscapes, nature and anything else I find interesting, but I am missing the street life. But my photography remains an outlet. I think it is quite normal to fluctuate in your passion for a hobby, it is the natural ebb and flow of life. In my youth I purposely put aside photography when I was at university, so I could concentrate on my studies and college life. I regret that to this day.
  • Like 1
Robin Smith

If anything, I have more enthusiasm for photography during the continuing pandemic, thanks to having a good excuse to avoid crowds and more free time to get out in nature, which is easy to do here in Idaho. Having been vaccinated, and with a booster shot, gives me confidence that if I get a breakthrough infection, at least I probably won't die from covid. Now that I am firmly entering mostly healthy old age, my philosophy is becoming progressively, but with some cautions, more carpe diem. Edited by Glenn McCreery
  • Like 2

There is always photographs to be taken. Whether, you are confined to your house, there is still life photos to be taken, and family.

Seems to me, you are bunch of old codgers, who want to snooze all day. Being a working lad, time to take photographs is my biggest problem.. All this covid stuff, is just an excuse, for codgers to snooze all day.

Come on, wakey wakey, get out there ,stop making excuses.

Photography, is a Zen thing; it gives happiness to your soul ,and well being.

Anyway, being a photo site ,I'm compelled to offer a recent photo.

Snow and coldness........Actually, thought I was doing some street, then realized, I could be sticking on this blokes antlers, if i got any closer.

P11808213.thumb.jpg.1f9d94778974569dd102c93f876cbb0d.jpg

• Like 2

Now that movement is less restricted, I try to go birding a couple of times a week, always with camera. I always intend to take photos, but sometimes conditions are not favourable. However, I persevere. I resent being called an old codger - wrong side of seventy, maybe, but enthusiasm for and enjoyment of life have never changed. :):) I admit to the occasional afternoon nap, but that's to save on heating and electrickery bills !;);)
  • Like 1

Think, my friend, not so long ago that little lad was you.

Have you changed so much?

[ATTACH=full]1411043[/ATTACH]

So now I want to know about the photo! Where is it? Sweeping for change? How big is the pedestrian zone? Tourists or locals? Is the guy wiping his face or taking a photo? Nice tones, BTW.

While driving back from the 'burbs this past summer, I glanced over at crowd of folks and a playing field. What the...? They're playing Cricket! That was unexpected here. Turns out there's a good sized Indian (Asian) community nearby and they'd started a Cricket league. I'll grab a camera this summer and get me some of that.

You really never know what's around the corner; even in the boonies* there's plenty to photograph.

*That's a pun. This is Daniel Boone country.

Boris got Covid early on, and was hospitalized. They, put him on one of those ventilator machines His faithful, were ready and waiting ,to give him the kiss of life. They were disappointed about the ventilator machine ,when they could kissed him better, so much quicker.

Immigrant nurses were at his bedside, day and night, and he recovered, thankfully............obviously, to all English folk, one of the immigrant nurses, no longer useful, was deported. Proper.

Boris, has now taken Covid seriously. He does not want to kick his books. Anyway,

His busy at this time, knockings out lots of Boris folk, to rule the country. when he is gone

Proper leader.

Edited by Allen Herbert