Hello,

Following the global anti-plastic war, I've been using tote bags more and more, and started to search for something that I would like to wear. Didn't saw anything that really caught my eye, so being a graphic designer, photographer and illustrator, I decided to put my skills to work and create some designs myself.

I called it "The Photography Lover's Tote Bags":

5euilswbk5y41.jpg?width=500&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f5a3867a9845a1a8e5df3fe69515e37785690fb9

Here are the various versions in yellow (I have a thing for this color):

0d73s1adk5y41.jpg?width=500&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6af79e42f696251c099cb8a7e49c732c54cde5e4

And also in a more discreet natural cotton:

wrkmi65gk5y41.jpg?width=500&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=91d2d6f3263a99ea402e7a23a3d1b823b6694ba3

So what do you think? Would you wear such a accessory? And which design you prefer?

(please note that these aren't intended to carry gear, just bags for general use)

I don't know about the rest of the country but Ca has outlawed tote bags for now in stores and forced a return to paper and plastic.

CA or certain grocery stores? I know CA has temporarily lifted the ban and 10 cent charge on single use paper/plastic bags, but outlawed customers from using their own tote or reusable bags? I can't find specific info on that.

• Like 1

design preference: TLR // Follow up: The other oddball. That I can't figure out what you meant to draw speaks against your graphics though.

FTR: I like my RFs quite a lot but don't fancy to advertise that. IMHO an everyday bag can never look shabby enough. Tote bags seem of very limited use to me. They might be OK to carry groceries home, from the garage, after hauling them in side cases. But another kind of bag, that you could starp on your rear seat for a highway passage, after shopping a little bit more seems way more desirable. YMMV but better keep it zero, when we are talking tote bags on the handle bar.

When I used them my way, they became dirty and required washing, so bright dirt sensitive colors and "premium designs" are nothing I'd buy.

I refuse plastic or paper bags from stores, to carry my stuff home; what I buy tends to end in my classic mid sized Gebirgsjäger style everyday backpacks or Ortlieb (knockoff) sacks on the rear seat. If I was to label those. I'd beg folks to write "dirty laundry with holes" in Romanian or Russian on them, with a bold feltmarker, hoping that might repel pickpockets.

A tote bag is not a bad thing to carry stands and lights and other doo-dads to a photo shoot, which is where I thought you were going with the design, If the intent is just to put a design on a tote bag, then anything is game. I wouldn't get one, but many would probably disagree. I prefer abstract designs in general.
Robin Smith

I like these.

I have a few such "tote bags", I keep them in my car for use at the grocery store or market & use them all the time- a couple I have actually bought but mostly I've found them along my way, at events and whatnot.

I am guessing these are not meant for carrying cameras, per se- although one certainly could use something like this for camera carry, if that's what they want to use it for.

Do I see a market for such things? Yes.

Would I personally buy one? Currently, I am well stocked on tote bags.