Our beloved No Words forum is . . .

if you would like to make a comment about a photo...well, you cannot.

Not an issue, for shots I really like, or have a question about that interests me, I'll start a Private Conversation. Only shortfall, is that others who might be interested are not included. If it is really an a need, be easy enough to run a parallel Conversation with the same title as the No Words. No big thing.

Philosophy folk have their own language of talk.... it takes a bit of discerning for the average Joe.

However,, if you read between the lines, its not that difficult to escape from the muddle of prose and the play with words, if you look for their essence of thought.

Sort of like a tax request cloaked in innuendos.

Edited by Allen Herbert
  • Like 1

At the moment, the rule & practice is No Words, which even now some of us transgress.

The forum description used to allow for some minor verbiage, whether to note the equipment used, or for similar, very brief messages. I see the current instructions no longer include this caveat. Too bad. Nobody's dinged me for a few minor words now and again, so I'll continue doing so in a thoughtful and discreet manner.

• Like 1

David, please allow me to clarify that when one submits a photograph to the NWF a concise sentence or two regarding the submitted photograph, the technique or equipment used, or the subject is certainly permitted. What is not permitted are comments and discussions on the submissions. When the new PhotoNet software came on-line the posting guidelines were no longer visible; this has unfortunately created much confusion. I have tried to explain what is permitted and what is not to preserve the spirit of the NWF in a sticky thread at the top of the forum. I hope this helps. Regards. Edited by WJT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...