What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

i thought i would show off my recent aqusistion from a pn member.to go along with my S2A which still has a focus problem ( slowly getting back into repairing it ) my EC

i have aquired an ETRSI .had it for a week and i only have XP2 available now , so i am in the middle of shooting that roll just around the house .compared to the EC and S2A this is the most compact of them.it will be interesting to see some results

IMG_2815.thumb.JPG.ca9e7b2253a83433468ee09bfdfec5e7.JPG

• Like 5

cameragary said:

i have aquired an ETRSI .had it for a week and i only have XP2 available now , so i am in the middle of shooting that roll just around the house .compared to the EC and S2A this is the most compact of them.it will be interesting to see some results

Great acquisition, probably my favourite 6x4.5 camera. However, you must acquire the speed grip and a prism finder; they transform the whole handling of the camera, especially in regard to using it for vertical framing. And then, of course, an AE prism finder would be nice...

• Like 1

Another winter restoration project was this Edixa Prismat LTL I picked up cheap as a non-working/parts camera. Freed sticking mirror, cleaned/lubed shutter, adjusted closing curtain tension, cleaned slow speed escapement, patched curtain pinholes, repaired loose ground wire, calibrated meter, and cleaned viewfinder. Also trimmed the leather case from an earlier model camera to fit around the stop-down metering lever. Previously, I disassembled the Ennalyt lens shown to clean internal haze.

This was the last of the Edixa reflex models, with (uncoupled) TTL metering. For some reason, Edixa SLRs (at least the earlier models) have gone up in price in the last year or two, which is a bit surprising as they weren't really high-end cameras.

1057642226_EdixaPrismatLTL.thumb.JPG.27b31714dc81d2dc24e6092b80da7d70.JPG

• Like 5

Earlier this week I picked up a pristine looking Zeiss Ikon Box-Tengor (model 56/2) with leather case.

It is my understanding that it is the most advanced box camera made: 3 apertures and 3 distance settings, double exposure prevention, as well as threads for cable release and tripod.

I plan to load it with HP5, but if the sun is out I may have to switch to FP4 as the shutter only fires at 1/30 (or B).

Apertures are 9, 11 and 16 so even with FP4 I may need a red or ND filter to reduce the light.

The lens is supposed to have a focal length of around 100mm. It is an achromat doublet where a third lens is inserted behind the front group when you select 1-2m or 2-8m distances.

The format is 6x9cm.

Inside is a decal from the camera shop GEHLSEN+PICKENPACK in Hamburg, Germany that originally sold the camera, presumably in the early 50's

51898073484_7edb3bb11d_k.jpg

Edited by NHSN
  • Like 5
Niels

I have some slightly expired Arista EDU Ultra 400 to use up so I'll run a film through this pretty little Walzflex, a camera I very rarely use.

[ATTACH=full]1418701[/ATTACH][/QUOT

Hi Rick - how is the focusing on that camera? They are often times very hard to move.

ralf_j said:

Yes, definitely sticky, but still manageable. Somewhere I have the instructions for disassembly, cleaning and re-lubrication, but it's no simple matter.

Indeed, I have taken apart a couple of rolleicords only with the intent that I wanted to learn and had nothing to lose. Learned a lot but definitely an involving task to say the least.

Keeping things simple this week with a camera that fits a jacket pocket and has shutter priority as well as full manual.

[ATTACH=full]1413254[/ATTACH]

I have HP5+ (instead of the FP4+ pictured) loaded in this one.

Just took mine out this afternoon and ran about a dozen frames of Fujicolor Superia 400 through it. Used my trusty Gossen Luna Pro handheld meter. Had a good time. Hope to finish this roll by later in the week, and get it to the lab to be processed and scanned.

While I've had this Seagull DF SLR camera for some time, I've not previously run a film through it. I've used the 58mm Haiou-64 f/2 lens on the digital cameras and a very good lens it is, being basically a Biotar / Helios-44 copy with a Minolta SR mount. I'm half way through a roll of Kentmere 100 and it will be interesting to see the results.

534649830_SeagullDF6copy.thumb.jpg.5ed731415bb70a1352609fe776a88ce8.jpg

Edited by rick_drawbridge
  • Like 5

The Olympus Trip 35 must have been one of the most successful point & shoot cameras in film camera history.

So many was produced that I feel you see them everywhere, all the time; flea markets, charity shops, garage sales, local classifieds, mostly traded for little money - or so I thought.

I was frankly a little shocked when I noticed that reputable Kamerastore.com were now selling them for €179 a pop! Checked for functionality and with a 2 week return privilege, mind you, but still; €179 and not even a warranty!

I was convinced that they wouldn't sell, but I was wrong. It seems that whenever they put one up for sale it seems to disappear just as quickly.

Luckily it is an imperfect market were many people still see film cameras as trash, so they can still be found at low prices. This is my second Trip, picked up for a more reasonable €25. It needed a little surface cleaning but operates fine and hopefully the roll of Formapan 200 will confirm that.

51918075380_9beaf3a64f_k.jpg

An amusing ad from the 70's

and one more

Edited by NHSN
  • Like 5
Niels

While I've had this Seagull DF SLR camera for some time, I've not previously run a film through it. I've used the 58mm Haiou-64 f/2 lens on the digital cameras and a very good lens it is, being basically a Biotar / Helios-44 copy with a Minolta SR mount. I'm half way through a roll of Kentmere 100 and it will be interesting to see the results.

I always had a soft spot for that combined advance lever/shutter release design. It allows for a very clean top layout - reminding me of Leica M, Minolta SRT, Nikon F3 and, of course, implemented to perfection on the Leicaflex.

Niels

I finished off the roll of Fuji 200 colour film in the Konica S2 and while I have a roll of B&W film going in each of three cameras currently (Konica S2 - again - Contax IIa and Pentax LX) my Canon IVS just came back from its first full service in nearly seven decades so it will get a roll in it and out the door ASAP.

_DSC5518.thumb.jpeg.11aefd54a92987c2621d5b2a1d1e276d.jpeg

• Like 5

NHSN said:

I always had a soft spot for that combined advance lever/shutter release design. It allows for a very clean top layout - reminding me of Leica M, Minolta SRT...

Of course, the Seagull DF is pretty much a knock-off of the Minolta SR2, licenced or otherwise. It was released before formal cooperation between Minolta and Shanghai Camera Factory was established.

Edited by rick_drawbridge
  • Like 2

Taking my Universal Roamer II out for a spin. It's a robust 6x9 folder with a 100mm f4.5 coated anastigmat lens. The designers at Universal thoughtfully built it to accept either 120 or 620 film. Only wish it had bigger & brighter viewfinders though.

20220304_152014.thumb.jpg.f47d62ffd907a48721e0a4a59a1c9103.jpg

• Like 5

[ATTACH=full]1419331[/ATTACH]

Your camera collection never cease to amaze me Rick! All the cameras that I have seen you posted on this thread appear to look like they were hot off the press! Absolutely mint looking and they are all a joy to look upon, helping to bring back lots of fond memories.

The SeaGull brand of cameras were very popular this part of the world during the 70s and this was especially so with their TLRs. I remember this very well because my cousin had a Seagull TLR and with the large 6x6 negative size, photos returned from the shop were just direct contacts which helped to keep costs low for avid shooters. Ah, those were the days! Looking forward to see the results of your escapade with this Chinese classic.

• Like 3