Bug Reports Part 1: the list (expanded version)

Leslie Reid

I guess someone somewhere is doing something, so whoever is doing whatever, keep it up.

Agree...I am running Windows7 and I also have remained logged in for the last two days.We are getting there one small step at a time.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can no longer upload photos to the NWF using FF. And yes, it is the 'flavor of the week" version. Same issue with Chrome, and I can't even log in with Edge. I think that this all might be a Flash or Java issue that varies depending on how PN's Apache is serving and individual users have their browsers configured (think add-on's). Using Safari if the urge strikes me to reply to a theme thread. Sigh... :(

Meanwhile, back at the goat farm--I have been busily doing development on a regional site for professional artists here in NYS. It was intended to be a hybrid Wordpress/Simple Machines Forum dev--but SMF has a whole host of new issues in deployment with the latest versions of both the V2 stable and the V2.1beta3. After a week I threw my hands up and licensed Xenforo, Gallery, and other helper functions.

It makes me happy in ways that the old vBulletin v3/4 iterations did in terms of working with template mods and configurations. My point here is that I could have gone live with it nearly out of the box--and interestingly enough I have had NO issues aside from one app arguing with another. That was fixed in short order with a PHP file hack. Perhaps I should mention too that this is a Amazon Cloudfront (EC2/S3) server plant using Cloudflare as the intermediary to S3 (cuts down on transfer costs for images). No issues there either. Many, many similarities to how PN is running in production mode.

Now if a 60 year old dimwit such as myself can do this without major catastrophe... :cool::rolleyes:

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

• The issues this site has been having started with the new version, 6 months ago and as far as I can tell, it aint getting any better. Long gone are the administrators keeping us updated, you can see they were just overwhelmed (ie. don't care).
  • The problem of navigation and posting still exists and going on 6 months, so me, you and Johns taint have paid for a half a year of fluff....
  • reviews, critiques and views are low, except if you show boobies, than my friend, you will have so much activity you will have to clean your computer screen often.
  • The only department that there are no issues are the advertisements and emails advertisements, they seem to be working fine. thank god!
  • But, just like that girl friend that abused me, damit I keep coming back for more, ok I admit, Imma slut

Surf off to their gallery. Select a photo. Should be a green button below the image that says "Follow." Sometimes it stalls, and all of the green buttons just say "Loading." Yeah, I know. Refresh your screen and hope that they load. Then try again... :cool:

"I See Things..."

Well at 10:30PM PST Friday Night (01:30 AM EST) Uploads are not working!! Somehow a thumbnail got loaded in my gallery but after 15 minutes it still says wait a few moments. Twice I've tried to upload this now and it just hourglasses (spins). Other web sites working fine so I know it's not me. (Chrome)

Let me go through the whole upload process with Firefox and enter all the fields and "Save". Still no image uploaded anywhere!!

Edited by Phil_Light

Not surprised. After a week and a half of not being able to upload at all with Firefox or Chrome (Safari worked, but can trash out the web page CSS formatting) I finally used Edge to read and upload. Suddenly yesterday, FF worked just fine once again. Now it is broken again. And so it continues to go after what, 6 or 7 months now? :(

Try uploading with Edge or Safari, and report back on whether that worked for you or not.

"I See Things..."

I also get the Amilcar Barca intruder as the first click into my portfolio and reported it over a week ago,but never got a reaction from management,,,,,but I know somebody is there as I get pestered about renewal of my subscription on a continuous basis.

I can't upload a photo. It's 10.30am in Finland. I tried three times, didn't work. Win 8.1 & ie11.

I tried again, uploading an image to my portfolio didn't work. No error messages, but the image doesn't go to the portfolio. I hope someone would fix it. I tried with the latest Firefox, too, but it didn't work either with Ff.

Not surprised. After a week and a half of not being able to upload at all with Firefox or Chrome (Safari worked, but can trash out the web page CSS formatting) I finally used Edge to read and upload. Suddenly yesterday, FF worked just fine once again. Now it is broken again. And so it continues to go after what, 6 or 7 months now? :(

Try uploading with Edge or Safari, and report back on whether that worked for you or not.

No Apple or new PC browser to use alternatively (win 7-64 Ultimate) was this site sold to some company working out of their Mom's basement now?

No Apple or new PC browser to use alternatively (win 7-64 Ultimate) was this site sold to some company working out of their Mom's basement now?

No, I am thinking Ukraine--as a web host named Hostony that I dealt with 15 years ago. No response to problems, Oh, and no mechanism to send help requests and get an answer. no answers to consistent issued--broken everything.

Not sure, but it's far past time that Glenn or someone in authority give us some answers--and stop the BS about "development & testing teams." If the goal is to drive off old members and try to entice new ones under the rubric of a "PhotoBucket" or "Flickr" sort of drop depository--that has failed too. Things need to work to enter that market. 7 or so months now of dysfunction. There is no excuse. PERIOD.

Where are you Glenn--or anyone else that might answer questions posed by LONG STANDING supporters of this venue?

• Like 3

"I See Things..."

That Carthaginian finally got me tonight. After uploading a couple new prints (using Edge), I wanted to double check the appearance in my portfolio. WHOA! Now I too was Amilcar Barca! :eek:

It's pretty easy to see what is going on. Normally, the URL chain goes photo.net/my/portfolio. But for some odd reason (mostly because something is broken and no one is fixing it) the software is inserting an apostrophe into the mix--this is how the string looks photo.net/my/portfolio' . Try this PN fans, then upon arrival insert the apostrophe as shown in the previous example and hit the return key:

Photo.net - Where Photographers Inspire Each Other

So its not an apocalypse for PN--just an apostrophe... :rolleyes:

Edited by PapaTango

"I See Things..."

Did Glenn call it a technical team...ho ho. Reminds me of the Order of the Palm awarded to Henry Fonda in Mr Roberts after the laundry room explodes in a mass of bubbles all over the mess deck and sleeping quarters. Not quite as hilarious. Tech team, got a priority list? Care to share? Can I have a banana split while we wait? How about some more babes in frills or BIFs...:) PS Finland is a modern country with high speed internet. You can not screw around with Finns baby.. I need more inspiration. Or more gin and tonic. No matter. Evolution happens. And we are entering the post inspiration era. Learn to enjoy before the comet strike and the eclipse of all eclipses .