Monday in Nature Weekly Photo Dec. 21, 2015

Laura Weishaupt

<blockquote>

<p><strong>Basic Guidelines</strong>: Nature based subject matter. Please, declare captive subjects. Keep your image at/under 700 pixels on the long axis for in-line viewing and try to keep file size under 300kb. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site at Flicker, Photobucket, your own site, etc. Feel free to link your image to a larger version. <strong><em>In the strictest sense, nature photography should not include hand of man elements. Please refrain from images with obvious buildings or large man made structures like roads, fences, walls. Try to minimize man made features and keep the focus on nature. </em></strong><br>

<strong><em> </em></strong><br>

<strong><em>Are you new to this thread? We post one image per week. For more details on guidelines<a href="/nature-photography-forum/00cgtY"> please read this helpful information. </a></em></strong></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Greetings,<br>

The winter solstice is upon us. The natural changes of seasons is always a backdrop to celebrations throughout the month. Hopefully your holidays are filled with joy and good cheer. Nature is filled with both in many forms. Have a great week of light, beauty, and pleasantry.....and perhaps something unexpected in a box left under some tree.</p>

<p>Merry Monday in Nature.</p><div>00de4w-559840584.JPG.be55a7a53cad48c87c1f5770c5fbff44.JPG</div>

<p>No snow here in Cordoba province, Argentina, instead there are millions of fluttering live snowflakes equipped with eyes, wings and antennae, traveling on the wind whenever the sun comes out. Here's a bunch refueling on thistles during cloudy weather. Every white dot is a butterfly and many more were all around.</p>

<div>00de5B-559841384.jpg.90770bf4704e2e0ebfe1425000ec5a20.jpg</div>

<p>I got one of those new Nikon super telephotos yesterday, and of course nearly everything that walks, creeps, flies or crawls has hidden. Out of desperation I shot at some birds in a tree, too dark and too far away, but when I cropped way in, I kind of liked the effect anyway. So, since I can't go back to Antarctica this year, here's Christmas in stick season....</p><div>00de89-559847384.jpg.7ac6a38315f607510b864a799cbcfd39.jpg</div>