Adox 20 CMS II

<p>I'd like to try this film out, I would rather use the developer I have on hand (TMAX), possibly stand developing. Would I get decent results without using Adotech II and how viable is it to shoot it at box speed on bright days.</p>

<p>I've tried developing this film in all kinds of Rodinal dilutions and time combinations. The only time I ever got continuous tone out of this film with Rodinal when when the film was shot at ASA 10 on a cloudy day. The Rodinal dilution was 1:200 and I used a standard agitation routine for 14.5 minutes. I haven't tried other developers, but all my attempts under normal sunlight with this film have been way too contrasty.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I did extensive tests (see my article in onlinedarkroom.com) using Rodinal 1+119 and HC110(G) and settled on HC110 because Rodinal had problems with bromide drag. I ended up with about 15 minutes, semi-stand development and an ISO of 8. TMax developer highly diluted might give results similar to HC110 with stand development but you will have to figure out the dilution.<br>

<br>

I don't find CMS 20 to be worth the trouble since I can get similar results (and better shadow rendition at a normal ISO) with Rollei 25 and Xtol using standard dilutions and methods.</p><div>00dJfD-556969884.thumb.jpg.f0497b3944fde08f217df2c57ed4f2aa.jpg</div>