A 365 day thread

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>The Obsidian Aqua (OA) developer continues to keep my mind busy. It has some different features than my 510-Pyro. With the 510 I could always count on the scanning to bring up 2 or 3 more "Zones" (mostly from the shadow areas), but the OA needs a bit more TLC with placements. Lots of things to play with!<br /> Abandoned grain storage building in Sulvana, Wa. Agfa Record III plus G filter, 100Tmax @ 64asa, Pilot metering. 1.0 ml OA in 450 Nikor, 22min, V600 scan. Picture is a 11"x14" format crop from what might be a 12x18" print from the 6x9 neg. Enjoy, Bill</p><div>00dTvW-558373784.jpg.65836962922201c38c502afcebe845bd.jpg</div>

<p>In the 1970s I had friends who were art majors who took photography courses and 1 or 2 professional photographers. They had a bias against color saying it covered up a lot of poor work. (not preaching here just stating other's opinions back then). It was hard enough for me to use color so I stayed away but from B&W I really want to try B&W. Anyway this was Kodachrome in 1996 with either Signet 50 or a Pentax with a generic lens that I photo shopped to BW. South Street Seaport World Trade center in background.</p>