KEH new site

<p>I liked the old site....still having trouble navigating the new one. Prices are sometimes hidden by items below the one you are looking at until you actually click on the item (takes longer to scan stuff). Plus all photos are stock photos, not photos of actual items.</p>

<p>It looks better, but it's still mega-clunky and rather slow. Why can't they just copy B&H's in operation? Maybe I'll get used to it. They have sort out their default sorting too. I'm not sure they really "get" it. Let's hope it is not considered finished. I selected Sigma Tamron and Zeiss and got Sony stuff too.</p>
Robin Smith

The newer search facility is worse which lists various unrelated results; have to choose other options to filter out the carp. Previously the search facility was limited but returned only the relevant results. I would not have minded the changes if at least the search facility worked properly. It is now damn too much work, for now there is not even a sub-category page to go to.

<p>Right now the new site is almost unusable. Looking for lens I find no way to filter by mount type I did as suggested by them and tried the search function for Pentax mount zoom lens. Came back with 6762 hits so unusable as a search function. You can still go back to classic KEH at bottom of page but they say that will no be there long. Very disappointed with what could have been a step forward but instead is three steps backwards.</p>

<p>I don't like it either. It looks much nicer but the search functions horribly, at least in my opinion. Maybe I just need to learn how to use it but right now I wish they hadn't messed with it.</p>

<p>Another shout-out for the "latest arrivals" section on the old version of the site. It's far easier and faster to skim through a numbers of subcategories using that feature than trying to wade through all the existing stock in those categories via the new site. This feature is only partially replaceable by a search function. I need the combination of specific subcategories quickly accessed plus pre-screening for recent arrival. This is something that's missing on B&H's used site and now KEH is getting rid of it.</p>

<p>I think the update is a step back. I find it to be somewhat annoying.<br /> Maybe it`s me that I have not learned yet how to use the new site; I find this one more difficult and time consuming. The site is "pretty looking", but also highly unpractical.<br /> I like KEH, but I hate this silly "beautiful" (?) kind of site designs. Too much useless images, scrolling, chaotic filters, mixed systems and products. The previous directory system was very practical, fast and easy to use. The new one, quite the opposite.</p>

<p>I preferred the old version. You could browse by mount/system and category within that. Now you can browse by categories like "SLR lenses" and brands within that, but you can't see, say, all lenses for Minolta manual focus SLRs in one place. If I wanted to survey my Minolta tele/macro options it would take a lot more steps with the new site.</p>

<p>The new user interface is a disaster. If I know what I want to find, well, the search function still works. If I want to browse related products, I'm lost.</p>

<p>I've told KEH this, gave an example that worked well on the old and was impossible on the new. The reply I got convinces me that they didn't understood what I showed them.</p>

<p>I don't know how long www.classic.keh.com will work, but so far it gets the old UI.</p>

<p>I hate the new interface! The classic site was less visually stunning, but any beauty it lacked in that area it more than made up for in beautiful functionality. A few precise clicks could have me browsing exactly what I want to see. Am I curious what 135mm Minolta MD lenses they have? Easy, straight to a list sorted by max aperture within a list of just 135mm MD lenses... This ease of use made casual browsing -- and, of course, casual purchasing -- inviting and fun; now it's a chore and a turn-off.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...