Nikon Pure Photography

Dieter Schaefer

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>They are certainly ramping things up with these teaser videos. The camera got much more screen time in this second one. About the size of an F3, a black leather strap that says nikon on it, and of course a silver ring on the lens. hmmm</p>

<p>Nikon is getting his own way... in this second teaser they caught me. This size of camera, with a good sensor and lens compatability could be highly appealing to me. </p>

<p>The silver ring on the lens... on a metal barrel it`s ok. But I wonder about it on a plastic lens...</p>

<p>My idea of a "pure" camera in the context of our favorite and familiar old film era toys would include user-controlled presets for in-camera JPEGs. It'd save a lot of time if I could plug in my favorite Lightroom presets (or, for other folks, Nik, DxO or other effects). And the raw files are still available in case we change our minds. Best of film and digital all in one.</p>

<p>I like in-camera JPEG effects and "art fiters". I just want to be able to choose my own, rather than be limited to whatever the manufacturer provides.</p>

<p>The first manufacturer to offer this feature wins the "pure" camera game.</p>

<p>Lannie:</p>

<p>I don't know how any photography can be at this point but that is the fun of it. I doubt I will be alive ten years from now but it should be interesting to see how those that are look at the perspective we have now. I think this is what the whole thing ia about.</p>

<p>-Cheers</p>