light meter/pocketwizard

megan_stone

<p>I have been using my PocketWizard Plus II with my studio lights & a basic Sekonic light meter with a chord.<br>

I have recently bought the Sekonic Flash Master L-358 ... so that I can use it wirelessly.</p>

<p>I can't seem to work out how to set it up in order to trigger my lights wirelessly. Please advise. What settings should my PocketWizards be set on and what to do with my Light Meter. I go through the Modes on it, and can't seem to find a wireless trigger. Am i missing something?</p>

<p>Many thanks.</p>

<p>Open the battery cover and look next to the battery. There's a hole there about 1" square.</p>

<p>If the hole is filled with a gray plastic thing, you have the RR-32 transmitter. If it's empty, you don't.</p>

<p>There are two different versions of the RR-32 transmitter, used in different regions of the world.<br /> The same is true of the PWII; there are two versions.</p>

<p>If you're in the US, both the RR-32 in the L-358 and the PWII triggers must be the FCC type.<br /> There should be a label on both units bearing an FCC ID, indicating the US version.</p>

<p>Assuming you have the right devices, you must set the channel (1-4) on the L-358 to match <br /> the switch setting on the PWII.</p>

<p>I had an L-358, and currently have two L-558s, and they all worked fine with my PWII triggers.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>

<blockquote>

<p>In fact, when I owned one, with the R32 in it, it would not fire any of my strobes.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Were you using it with a Pocket Wizard II? It won't work with any other trigger.</p>

<p>As long as both the Sekonic and the PWII are set up for the same (correct) geographic region, <br /> there should be no issues. I use mine with Elinchrom and Novatron flawlessly.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>