Favorite Modern Film Camera

JDMvW

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>No contest for me. My favorite camera ever is my EOS 1v seen here with all of its bumps, scratches, and bruises, most of which came from climbing over rocks at Yosemite a few years ago. I don't use it nearly as much as my 7D (which is a <em>very</em> close 2nd!), but I still use it quite a bit. As far as cameras with a lot of sentimental value, the EOS A2 is near the top of that list. It was my first AF slr and that camera went to the other side of the world with me and back; its first 'big' trip was a 3-week trip to Indonesia where it performed perfectly. Other faves are the Nikon F100 and the F3HP.</p><div>00aPFK-467401684.jpg.fe99df299117bf0e022dc180f2445dbf.jpg</div>

<p>This outfit is for outdoor fill-in flash pics.<br>

The camera is a Canon 1000FN (Rebel S11),the flash a Canon Speedlite 300 EZ and the lens a Sigma 90mm f2.8.I bent the bracket to put the flash where it makes no side shadows.It works with the off camera cord from my DSLR.<br>

Just set aperture priority f2.8 and away it goes, the rest is auto.</p><div>00aPUu-467805584.jpg.aac955f18c826a9731190ce75cd3bcb6.jpg</div>

<p>I think that the Nikon 8008S is the zenith of film camera technology. But only as a manual focusing camera. Its metering and flash features were a giant leap for mankind. Add a built in MD, power rewind, ruggedness and reliability, and runs on AA batts. And in my opinion this was the "best" 35mm SLR film camera ever devised by man.</p>

<p>As an aside. I was dedicated Nikkormat user starting in the late 60's. The EL cameras freaked us out to the core when they were released. Too much to go wrong etc. Who knew 40 years later most still work fine?</p>

<p>Since I have only one "modern" film camera, it has to be the EOS 650. It looks and works like the day it came out of the box. I have a dozen other film cameras but if I can't afford to take a chance, it is the 650 that I take along. I am sure JDM would concur!</p>