the first thing to do is admit the addiction ...

harveysteeves

<p>Wow, quite the collection. I'll admit I have a bit more equipment than necessary as well. A few months ago, I stopped by a garage sale I noticed, and the older guy there was a self-proclaimed camera collector. I bought a Yashica 35mm camera, along with Vivitar Series 1 Q-DOS and 100-500mm lenses from him, we got to talking, and it turned out he had a whole room of camera gear, hundreds. About twice the size of yours. Are you really going to liquidate? Now is the time, with consumer cameras like the D7000 getting Ai-lens metering to the masses! The only way it could get better for you is if the upcoming D5200, with no aperture tab, gets metering as well to bring the pre-Ai lenses into the digital fold. My D40 could mount all of my pre-Ai lenses, but it couldn't meter with them, so only my macro lens with lighting setup was really useful! Still, with equipment like the Sony NEX and Panasonic/Olympus micro 4/3 systems out today, the value of used lenses is through the roof. Those digital bodies not as much, but if you don't use them today, I say let them go! Could probably overall fund an accessory like a nice bag, tripod, SB900, etc.</p>

<p>Also, stop whatever you're doing right now and go give your wife a huge hug. She deserves it. That's from my girlfriend that's sitting next to me right now, and is having to come to terms with my own little collection. I have a writer's desk that is completely cluttered with gear right now (as well as my closet shelves); I've been meaning to scale down as well, but with job stuff, don't have the time right now.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"<em>not married, never been. Had a dog, and after looking around, figure I'll be better off just getting another one."</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Harvey: One day, my son, all this will be yours! <br>

Fluffy: *arf*arf*yip*yip* among other utterances... :-) </p>