Displaying an enlargement.

<p>I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this question but here goes.<br>

I want to display some of my enlargements 8x10's and 11x14's but I don't want to put them under glass in<br>

a frame. I want to just mat them and mount them on a hard board. Is there any way to protect the photo without being under glass? I hate the glare that glass produces. And I know there is non glare glass but I want to get away from having to actually frame them. <br>

Thanks<br>

John </p>

<p>Here is what my wife does: She dry mounts her prints (16"x20") on thick gatorboard the same size as the print. (The print itself is printed with a small, usually black, border.) Then we spray the print with something like Premier Art "Print Shield"--I don't know if that spray would be sufficient for the type of protection you want. Then, on the back, she puts two parallel blocks to hang the print and keep it slightly away from the wall. You could also use the French cleat system (Google) to hang it. I'll be interested in other responses because I have images that are WAY different than what my wife does--she does bizarre, abstract self-portraits and I do more traditional B&W stuff these days--and I am trying to come up with an original, attractive and cost-effective way to hang my 12"x18" B&W enlargements. So far, after dry mounting onto a piece of 18"x24" acid-free foamcore, I have simply been using white mats and black frames--pretty old school. Like you, I'm not necessarily happy with the idea of frame and glass. I have seen prints on wood, aluminum, cloth wraps and so on, but I can't seem to find anything thet really grabs me. So, what other wild ideas are out there? </p>

<p>Well, for a wild display, everyone forgets the ceiling. Create a home version of the Sistine Chapel</p>

<p>Create a giant panoramic print and mount it to the ceiling like wall paper. Of course, regular walls could be done this way too. What matte, what frame? None.</p>

<p>If a frame can be a box, how about your box being the inside of a frame?</p>

<p>CHEERS...Mathew</p>

<p>Spray lacquer. I use Lacquer-Mat products. Lacquer will improve the light fastness and protect somewhat from atmospheric pollutants. It will also shield the print from dirt. Just wipe it off with a damp cloth to clean it. It's not as good as glass, but if you don't want glass, that's probably your best option.</p>

<p>FAIW, plexiglass (acrylic) is less conspicuous than glass. It tends to scratch, though.</p>

<p>Hi!<br>

I get my prints mounted on dibond.<br>

Dibond is an aluminum - plastic - aluminum sandwich which is about 2mm thick, very stiff and absolutely straight.</p>

<p>I get a protective foil layer sandwiched on the print, which can be washed and is either glossy or matte.</p>

<p>Finally, I get an aluminum frame glued behind the dibond to hang the print.</p>

<p>A professional lab can do this.</p>

<p>It's expensive, but there's nothing like it, the result is perfect.</p>

<p>A 2 by 2 foot print, done this way, costs about $250. A 7 by 2 1/2 footer about $500.<br>

Bye,</p>

<p>Dirk.</p>

<div>00ZpZl-430975684.thumb.jpg.8851e3f5fcda8051a6a9734ae7e6308e.jpg</div>