HC-110

<p>I've bought several batches of used equipment over the past year and all had a bottle of HC-110 or two in the mix. The liquid in some of the bottles is a golden yellow color while the liquid in the others is more of a reddish orange color. All are full unopened bottles. I havent checked the dates as HC-110 supposedly has a very long shelf life. <br>

Would color be an indication of potency or useability ? Any comments or suggestions as whether or not I should use it ?</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

Charles</p>

<p> </p>

<p>years and years ago before the internet before digital before a lot of things<br>

I bought a bottle having heard it would solve almost all of my B&W developer needs,<br>

the data sheet completely confused me<br>

and I never bought another bottle.<br>

it seems the Kodak suggestions to make a :"stock solution" and then use that to mank a "working solution"<br>

is totally wrong unless you run a big laboratory.<br>

the method used by, I believe, everyone else is described on the unofficial hc-110 page.<br>

once I use up all the other "stuff" I will go back to hc-110.<br>

http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/<br>

you can use<br>

childrens plastic cough syrup measuring tubes<br>

and large insulin syringes (100 u or 100 ml)<br>

are available at pharmacies here in the us.<br>

I bought mine in wal-mart.<br>

( my tall uncle with the red white and blue stripes send me lots of 50u syringes<br>

but they are too small)</p>

<p>Well, Diafine is a more specific developer dedicated to some films when you want to push in an easy way.<br>

When Kodak is out of the film (Tri-X 400) business and the Fuji rest stock Neopan 400/1600 is disappeared from the market, the use of Diafine will be limited too :)</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>The liquid in some of the bottles is a golden yellow color while the liquid in the others is more of a reddish orange color ... Would color be an indication of potency or useability ?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Fresh HC-110 is light yellow, golden. Old and oxidized HC-110 turns orange and rusty looking. Both will work. However, side by side comparison of developed film will show differences that won't be apparent singly. If you're a stickler for consistency, use the fresh stuff.</p>