Thoughtless customer service on the part of a lab?

falcon7

<p>I ordered some enlargements of a few jpeg files from Costco (I know they aren't exactly the acme of digital processing labs), but when I received the order, the mail carrier had bent the cardboard mailer to fit in my mailbox, resulting in unfixable creases in the hard copies and ruining them. I don't do a lot of business by mail in terms of sending clients prints of their shoots (if I do, they are 8 x 10, or 11 x 14), but I'm sensible enough to put a bright red 'Do Not Bend' sticker on both sides of the mailer. I'd think a huge business like Costco photo labs would have this feature in their processing/mailing equation, but I guess they don't. Would you consider this an amateurish, thoughtless way of doing business? (I'm not referring to any other amateurish issues regarding Costco's photo service or quality)</p>

<p> You could get a larger mailbox or you could have the photos delivered by UPS as they do not use the mailbox. You can also go to any CostCo with your pictures and they would do it over for free. I think CostCo has excellent customer service and a great refund policy. However our local CostCo stopped developing film so I moved on for photo stuff.</p>

<p>"In my experience with various mail carriers, "Do Not Bend," is more of a suggestion (and an often disregarded one) than a mandate. It tends to make little difference. JR"</p>

<p>Jeremy is right I had several mail carriers(USPS) who could care less how many times "DO NOT BEND" was printed on the envelope. Their main concern is trying to get as many peices of mail inside the mailbox in the least amount of time possible.<br>

Regardless of illiterate mail carriers, the lab should have known better to put a mark on the package, UPS usually asks you but oftentimes you have to tell them. </p>

<p> Costco has very good customer service and they do a good job of printing if you give them a good file and tell them not to do any color correcting. They use Epson printers for their enlargements and can now print on canvas up to 20"x30". If you don't like the print for what ever reason, they will reprint or give you your money back no questions asked. Posters that make silly comments about Costco's print quality have more than likely never used them or if they did, probably gave them a junky file that even Duggal or Digital Fusion couldn't fix. </p>