What would be the Dream Photography job for you

<p>Some photographers just dont like shooting exotic roadsters and sports cars in the morning, Beutiful Models in the evening and travel photos on the weekends ala National Geographic. What woud you consider the perfect photography job ?</p>

<p>I have always dreamed of working for the National Geographic magazine ever since I was a little boy. But alas, I am now 72 years old, and do not think the NG would hire me now because I do not have the camera equipment or the knowledge needed to do any assignments.<br>

I can still dream though, at least this is still free, and not taxed.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Some photographers just dont like shooting exotic roadsters and sports cars in the morning, Beutiful Models in the evening and travel photos on the weekends ala National Geographic.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>WHAT?<br>

Yes, I did and was shouting there! ..but lets keep quiet about that shall we?</p>

<p>I've had many my dream jobs, but alas, got bored too easily. Maybe something like Annie Liebovitz' gig though. I like the whole blown out of proportion prop and production thing. Among my favorites were shooting for a movie studio, aerial, fashion, working as a photojournalist, and architectural. But I most enjoy my personal work now, because it is at my own pace.</p>

<p>I agree with what Mark D. said at the beginning...being a pro would likely ruin everything. So, I would say that my perfect job would be to get paid for taking pictures of what I want, how I want and when I want. I bet there must be at least 10 photographers in the world with that job! ; )</p>

<p>Something easy and with lots of latitude. Pays the bills, and comes with a teaching opportunity at a local college or someplace where we can tell people about photography. Zero unnecessary pressure, BS emails and repetitive phone calls about nothing. Low nag to thinking ratio. Physical extremes intermittent. You know, a good job.</p>

<p>I've already had mine, U.S. Air Force Combat Camera. It was a great job, plenty of opportunity for travel, teaching , learning and honing skills. It had moments of excitement, pressure and danger, and it was by far the best job I've ever had. The 1st Combat Camera Squadron at the time I was in had over 150 photographers and videographers. We were stationed out of Charleston AFB, South Carolina, an extremely beautiful location with lots of fun things to do, and the people of Charleston were wonderful. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Cheers! </p>

<p>dream photog job?....becoming the best assistant out there and working with the best photog everyday.. you could travel all over the place, one day work with lingerie model, the other with actor, food, car, etc.. and you dont have the pressure of the client on your back... you are making 300$+ a day... 1500$/week...thats a good job. hmmmm.. that sound good! ; )</p>

<p>anyone can become one in no time!</p>

<p>next dream job pleaseeeeee</p>

<p><em>"What woud you consider the perfect photography job?"</em></p>

<p>*Any* photography job that is local to my region and pays at least as much as I make now with all of the benefits and also provides me free transportation to the events. Pro Sports photography would be the best.</p>

I have already been there. I particularly liked doing sports for a local paper. I liked the people. I liked the action. At the time, however, I was doing weddings also. That's hard work. That wasn't ideal but sometimes quite interesting. I traveled abroad from the US a lot for my work but I took a Bronica ETRSi along with me and got to shoot in a lot of interesting, actually fascnating places with a good excuse to be nosy and also to really look at things.

<blockquote>

<p>"Scarlet Johansson's personal photographer..."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Isn't she adorable holding that Leica M8? I'd rank her right up alongside Gaga on my Precious Meter. EV W0w @ f/abulous.</p>

<p>My dream photo job would be some sorta income from the documentary stuff I've already done. But there's no market for that kinda stuff. So I'll hafta settle for brownie points negotiable in the hereafter.</p>

<p>I respect the positions taken by Mark et al. However, there's another way to look at it: turning professional justifies your hobby. Personally I just think it would be a great job. I never saw photography as a hobby - hobbies are things like Tekken 4 on the PS2. :-) I'm not a hobbyist, I'm an amateur (true sense of the word).</p>

<p>But to answer Harry's question: I'm flexible, but not all photography jobs are desirable. I would like to shoot the odd wedding and do some portraiture. Shooting plays, operas and movie sets is cool, too.</p>

A news photographer, hands down. It's something different most of the time although it isn't always interesting but that's part of the challenge. Good or bad, my name goes under it. I'll never get tired of sports and as I call it, mischief, murder and mayhem. I'm getting paid to ride all over the place and make photographs. There are plenty of worse jobs and I've had some of them.

Rick H.