Nikon Wednesday Pic 2010: #21

Matt Laur

<p>On Sunday we had some great weather and a pre-arranged shoot with an up and coming local singer, Amanda.</p>

<p>Shot with Nikon D80 + Tamron 28-75 F2.8 Reflector fill + off camera strobe for hair / rim lighting.</p><div>00WXpS-247187584.JPG.7543e4affc7b816564ac9ad1defa87ea.JPG</div>

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Raaj - Very vibrant roses<br>

Eddy - great lighting on the leaves<br>

Kent - I like. Are you sure the camera is not too heavy?<br>

This is a shot of a group of abandoned buildings from a commune from the turn of the 19th century in Santa Rosa, CA<br>

D90 70-200 2.8 tripod 70mm @ f16 1/30 iso 200</p><div>00WXs4-247205584.jpg.76aa8f118133d04849411ca4ce19a6a0.jpg</div>

<p>Many wonderful photos as always. A few that stood out to me (in reverse order for once):<br /><br />Adey L - moody portrait<br />Rathjiit S - Welcome, and nice pic<br />Louis M - love it!<br />Mike E - Wow! Perfect.<br />Don H - very nice!<br />Paul G - good for you, and nice photo<br />Keith O - I agree with Linda M, reminds me of the dancing mushrooms in Fantasia<br />Tony H - lovely colors<br />Wayne W, William P, and Pieter N - those shots are NOT easy to get! Great job.<br />Aguinaldo P and Bogden N - nice street scenes of Paris<br />Richard S - great NASCAR shot<br />Chris M - Very cool, but what is it?<br />Jens F and Oskar O - cool IR work<br />Jana H - nice comp<br />Matt L - lovely tonalities<br /><br />Amazing macro work and bird shots by so many! They are all great</p>

<p>I have lived here all my life but it is only after living abroad for 6 years that I now recognise the real beauty of my home...there have loads of dandelions this year in Ireland...but I havent managed to get a decent so, so here's another landscape from 2 nights ago</p><div>00WXt7-247217684.jpg.57470ca90c0302cde2437beb5bb1ec72.jpg</div>

<p>Hi everybody, have been away from wednesdays for some time.<br>

Great pictures as usual.<br>

I like to share a picture from my first (unpaid) photo assignment, the wedding of my best friend.<br>

It was very exciting for me as it is not something you do everyday (well, I don't).<br>

Everything went great and I am super happy with the results.<br>

Nikon saved the day for me. I made a wrong setting by accident (setting the resolution to Small, something I never do, but I must have hit the front dial while setting the Raw+JPG option) and I missed the 'S' in the display in stead of the 'L'. Not that 3 Megapixel is terrible for anything but large prints, but still. Luckily the Raw files are full resolution.<br>

I did have some trouble with blown highlights in the sunset while the Normal histogram didn't indicate any problem. I need to learn and check the color histograms.<br>

The bride turned out to be quite the model and we really enjoyed a photo session in the grass.<br>

She hardly needed any directions and looked perfectly natural.<br>

One of my favourite pictures of the day, taken with the D90 + 80-200mm @ F3.3 or so. Also used the Meike grip for balance and portrait.</p><div>00WXtr-247225884.jpg.bb8ab262bbbe1840905309ce615e435c.jpg</div>

<p>When I picked up my mail from my post office box last week before heading off on a trip the TV Guide was in it. I took this as a somewhat humorous tribute to the LOST finale ( I'm a big LOST fan by the way! ).</p><div>00WXxn-247263584.jpg.59eb607bdc6ea2a0748d06adf4a18481.jpg</div>

<p>

<p >These Wednesday threads always stimulate my brain, make me want to go out and take better pictures. While I loved many of the photographs posted, Grant Tanner’s fishing mate particularly caught my eye, excellent black and white. I found Jana Hughes’ studio/Photoshopped water droplets worked to be an exceptionally lovely image. I definitely wanted to join Jonas Fjellstedt in his walk in the woods, such a lovely view. Jose Curiel’s image of his wife made me smile, she had a lovely smile and it’s a joy to think of their soon-to-be happy event (very nice lighting, lovely shot technically). Beautiful capture by Ian Rance, luminous is definitely the correct word to describe that beautiful green. Aguinaldo de Paula’s Paris street scene caught my eye, perhaps because I can’t pass by a scene like that without wanting to hop on a plane. Great shot by Rick Moran, I loved the crisp reflection and the fly under the gun helped to make the shot. Keith Obye’s shot made me smile. I loved the color of it, the beauty of the macro, but I also saw three little cartoon characters rolling and dancing around in those lovely white leaves, funny how the mind works. Warm shot by John Novince, well-captured. Beautiful eyes caught by Torben Palm in his lovely portrait. And so many more images, too many to comment on. Okay, okay, loved Adey L’s shot, very evocative, quite beautiful.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >And my own effort taken this evening,</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

</p><div>00WY41-247309584.jpg.12b93a56887a4cba7f3a809efa76003e.jpg</div>

<p>Mark Gordon, unless you or the singer is going for a specific type of rebellious attitude or something, you might suggest the next one you photograph picks a chord other than G for their photo. Check her left hand.</p>

<p>Unless you or she were totally going for a bit of rebellious flare in the photo ;).</p>