Pet Peeves while shooting? Pro & Hobby

Oh, yeah, the mule issue! Thanks, Ed. I've frequently considered getting one but decided it would create an entirely new

set of problems, possibly worse than lugging all that stuff around.<br>

<br>

I ignore the film-is-stupid comments, just like I ignore the boring "I take a whole bunch of shots and just delete the ones I

don't like" comments.

<p>I'm with Ton on this one, life's too short to fixate on the negative. When I'm out shooting I am thankful for the time being available. I find a work-around for any obstacles that come my way. I don't like having to contend with wind when shooting macro of flowers so I rise in the morning before the wind does. Simple problem , simple solution.</p>

<p>People like Ton and Gordon who are relaxed and easy-going and tell us to chill. I want to smack 'em. I'm irritated and want to bitch, dammit! Let me jump up and down and stomp my foot and yell and throw my little temper tantrum! ;-)</p>

<p>Whole buncha my peeves are already up there: wind, when I've hiked a ways, finally find something, all puffed and tired and glasses steam up, find something neat, shoot it, find out later hadn't reset the exposure button, wind, people walking up and scaring something I've spent 10 minutes crawling across the ground to sneak up on with macro lens, wind, mosquitoes, drive by something good and can't stop to shoot, inconsiderate people, and another gust of wind.</p>

<p>Other frustrations involve shooting from a boat. You paddle out on a quiet morning, work your way over to the loons, they come up close, and there's that bit of breeze. Or you're leaning out of the flat old rowboat, you've jammed your rigged up boat stabilizer into the mud, lean out, just get that rose pogonia in focus and...swingggg goes the boat. Things I do myself, like forgetting to clean lenses when getting back from an outing. I almost always remember to charge the batteries, but the lenses keep that rain splot or dust til I'm sitting in the bush trying to pull out one of those cleaning papers. Cleaning papers! What sadistic person designed those packets? And someone mentioned lights at night. You've just got your eyes focused to the dark, have your little red-light to set your settings, and bang! someone shines a flashlight in your eyes.</p>

<p>And oh yeah, wind.</p>

<p>Narrow, winding, hilly, 70mph two lane secondary highways, with no shoulder, no place to turn around, camera on the seat, and beautiful scenery flying by. All in the neighborhood outside of Glacier National Park. A motorcycle seems to be the best solution:</p>

<p>http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/photopages/photosparisdakar.htm</p>

<p>I'm with the guys that say forgetting to change settings. To me that is annoying and I need to be more disciplined and remember before each shoot. The rest - weather, dogs, people - is just life in all its glory.</p>

<p>1. If anyone (I don't know) wants to discuss cameras while I am shooting<br>

2. "Serious" shooters outdoors in sunny days without lens hoods.<br>

3. Ultrazooms (more than 4:1 ratio)<br>

4. Canon Rebels<br>

5. Cheap kit lenses<br>

6. Never being paid enough</p>

<blockquote>

<p>People like Ton and Gordon who are relaxed and easy-going and tell us to chill. I want to smack 'em.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You will note Rose-Marie that I used the first person singular in my original post. I would not presume to tell others to " chill " <br>

If you can manage to get irritated in the presence of Rose Pogonias that's fine by me. I find photographing native orchids calming -- but hey that's just me.</p>