Life isn't all bakelite and plastic

gene m

<p>Wonderful winter classics, a sense of snow wilderness with s soft civilization touch(benches, flamingo, interior shots). Did you have snow pants on?</p>

<p>I was taking a few shots today with a 6x9 folder with an uncoated Rodenstock Trinar along Hudson River(Bay Ridge) when I fell thigh deep in innocent looking virgin snow. No harm done though, just laughed it off.</p>

<p>Gene, very beautiful.</p>

<p>Agreed on Rolleiflex being really special. Just something about the micrometer precision feel, and the groundglass, and the results.... I feel like an artist when I use one. It has personality, and the camera's age doesn't prevent it from producing amazing stuff.</p>

<p>I tell people that when I bought a modern 12 MP dSLR, it wasn't a step up from shooting MF film.</p>

<p>Lovely pictures Gene (as always).<br>

Just a note that your camera appears to me to be an MX, not an MX-EVS. I think the EVS models had a "chain link" knob and symbol on the front of the aperture dial that "locked in" the exposure.<br>

If you engaged the EVS lock, the shutter speed dial would change if you changed the aperture or vice versa, giving equivalent exposures.</p>