Fuji Acros & Neopan 400 exit / out of production ???

<p>I was hoping to see a response from Ravenstein in Holland,<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=888240"></a> and true to form, it is a helpful one.<br>

Dank u <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=888240">Robert,</a><br>

So now it is even a happier New Year ;-)</p>

<p>@ Kevin,<br>

Robert is a great source for me, especially since I live in Holland.</p>

<p>@ Gumanow<br>

Your story makes me wonder though, because my question began because I asked the shop exactly like you about neopan 400 in 120. Then I got the reply, "Don't think we will get it anymore and it wouldn't surprise me if acros will be discontinued as well".</p>

If you get dust on your film, changing fix times won't help. Cleaning your drying room might. I always hang my film to dry in the shower, and let the hot water run for a few minutes before hanging the film out so the humidity is high, which keeps dust away.

<p>Be sure to check your Photo Flo solution too. I never re-use it because alage and other "crud" can grow in it and get permanently stuck to your negatives. The only film I've had trouble with dust and spots on is Efke. The emulsion is much softer and can bubble off with extreme temp changes or rough agitation.</p>

<p>Several years ago, I called Fuji Pro Services in California in a panic when both B&H and Adorama had been out of Neopan 400 in both 35mm and 120 for over a month. They were very informative telling me that Neopan 400 was available just about everywhere <strong>except</strong> for B&H and Adorama. And then Fuji Pro Services explained why. It turned out they were 100% correct and I bought it elsewhere.<br>

As several had said, do not believe what your dealer tells you. And, most assuredly do not believe what you read on the internet. Ask the people (Fuji) who actually know the correct answer.</p>

<p>Thanks again to all for an interesting discussion.</p>

<p>I spoke with the nice photoshop person in my city, who also writes for magazines and is very knowledgeable in my view. He checked around a bit and did not hear anything about Fuji B&W films being discontinued, nor did any of you.</p>

<p>So for the moment I consider it a rumour and unpleasant marketing from the other shop who told me about the discontinuation.</p>

<p>As some indicated, this discussion is another lesson not to believe everything a photoshop / the internet tells you.</p>