WHat print Size Do You Like Best

<p>Small. I rarely print larger than 11x14. Usually 8x10 or smaller from 35mm, including around 8x8 in. from 6x6cm MF negatives. Sometimes I make only contact prints from MF negs. I prefer prints that invite the viewer to get closer, whether framed and displayed on a wall or the intimacy of a photo album or scrapbook.</p>

<p>I enjoy looking at larger prints from other photographers. It's just not something I do myself.</p>

<p>Monte, this has been an interesting question for me recently. I sell to interior designers and the print sizes are quite large (usually 20x20" minimum, and 40x60" is not uncommon). I prefer to print much smaller. One of my favorite exhibits was with Hasselblad and 4x5" images printed no larger than 5x5". I like the viewer to get intimate with the image, and I think that is hard to do with large prints.</p>

<p>There isn't one good answer. It depends to a very great extent what the purpose of the print is and the nature of the image. In general I have my colour prints made fairly large -16" x 16" min. and black & white printed small at 8" sq on much bigger paper. But there are exceptions especially on the colour side where I have certain series that just look better small, and they look far too strident and dominating printed large. </p>

<p>I have found it interesting the diffeerent perspective on print size. Most anything I printed beyound 16x20 was done with 645 film. I still print online because I cannot justify the cost of printer even though the 2880 is reasonable. I just ordered four 11x14 prints done with the LX3 so I will see just how good it does. My wife wants some small prints like 8x8 done in 14x14 frames. You are right it does matter what you do when it comes to print. I shot a lot of landscape images in the past. Now it is just certain aspects for the most part of buildings and interiors that interest me.</p>

<p>I like to stand back a ways and view larger prints. However, I think viewing distance has a distinct influence on size. For example, I have lots of prints in a hallway and the viewing distance at most is less than 3 feet so the largest is 8"x10" and most are around 5"x7". If I had the room I would love to print 24"x36", but that ain't gonna happen!</p>

<p>As large as possible. I love drama. Having said that, sometimes a collection of several prints of a smaller size is just as effective. But the effect is the same: either one, large print or a collection of smaller ones.</p>

<p>Having said <em>that</em> ... I haven't printed virtually any of my photos yet (except of course postcard size for previews, and that was only for a newly married couple). I have myself a nice collection of frames and now I have a printer which I got very cheaply, so I'll give it a shot.</p>

<p>I just got back 11x14 prints yesterday done on mat rag paper. The Prints look good in that size coming from LX3. I have two 16x20 coming we will see how they are. I too like the dramatic effect of larger prints. Problem is the LX3 will not hold up for larger prints and I have nowhere to put them. Anyway I believe 12x18 are a good size for landscape. This was one I did 11x14. It looked good in that size</p><div>00V6m7-194831584.jpg.90b21b9d558fb3aa9afa56c067d0b05a.jpg</div>