Did you regret selling your camera gear ?

<p>I'm debating right now,on selling my stuff,well I already posted here on the classified section,but I think if I sell them I will regret it,even though I have no time for picture taken ( I work 6 days a week ) My ONLY day off is Sunday and the last thing I want is to go out to take pictures, PLUS I got myself into other Hobby ( Collecting Statues ) Those sometimes are very expensive.<br>

My gear has been in my closet for quite sometime now,sold my F100 couple years back now I have 3 AFS lens left and about 8 filters.<br>

Right now I'm using a PowerShot SD850 IS 8.0 MP which I got it for free,so I can't complain and suits my needs for now,but I miss a nice DSLR with some nice AFS lens.:(</p>

<p>Bummer don't know what to do.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Unless you're planning on buying a DSLR body that takes F-mount lenses (e.g. D200, D300, D700), or going back to film by getting a used F100, you're not doing anything with those lenses. I guess it's a question of which you'd rather have: the money or the lenses. You can always get back into photography with a new system, Nikon or not, if you want. The lenses hold their value, generally, so there's no need to sell right away. If anything, I'd guess the value has gone up since Nikon went to full-frame digital sensors with the D700. You already sold the F100 body, so what's the point of holding on to the lenses and filters? Not like you can use them as they are now without renting a camera body. Maybe that's the test - rent a D200 orD700 body for a day and see if it's worth it to you. Seems like you have a yearning to get back into photography, reading your post.</p>

<p>I sold a 70-200mm lens that came with my D200 kit after using it for a while. I did not care for it, I got a good price for it, and now that Nikon's gone back to full-frame, I am especially glad I sold it.</p>

<p>On the other hand, I have a 1999 Mazda Miata I just cannot seem to part with for sentimental reasons. Maybe I am not the best person to advise you!</p>

<p>Several years ago I sold a Nikon 24 mm F2.0 lens. I now really like 24 mm on full frame and I'm doing a lot of shooting wide open. This particular lens has actually gone up a lot in value since I sold it. Yes I regret selling it although my new 24-70 F2.8 helps reduce the regret.</p>

<p>Selling everything? I would regret that immensely! (wow, I can only use one exclamation).</p>

<p>I've sold a Mamiya 645 and a Mamiya 7ii and I haven't really regretted it. I have an RB67 instead of the 645, and I have a couple of Mamiya Press cameras instead of the 7ii.</p>

<p>in the early 80's, had 2 mamiya c330's, 4 lenses, paramender, aluminum carrying case, sheet film back, porofinder, lens hoods, pistol grip, deluxe grip, 4x5 monorail with carrying case, schneider 210 lens, bowens monolight, with umbrella and stand. sold everything to buy wood working tools to make guitars. now, no longer have a garage and trying to rebuild my camera equipment. i sure miss not having a lot of what i used to have!</p>

<p>Marcello, if you don't plan to use them or can't use them, I think it makes sense to sell them. A <strong>PowerShot SD850 IS</strong> can make impressive images. Then you can always buy the "newer and improved" equipment in the future.</p>

<p>I will sell my film cameras (save the F6) and related equipment as soon as I figure out what the heck I am doing and have the time to take pictures of them for sale purposes. There will be no regrets.</p>

<p>I regret I sold a Nikon F2 I had couple of years ago. IMO the best SLR ever built. But I was young. I needed the money. And every 4 or 5 years I buy a 6x6-TLR, keep it for a year or two and sell it, because it gathers dust. Some time after selling I realize that the best shots from that period are done with this camera :-(<br>

BTW - does anyone have a Rolleiflex he wants to throw in my direction?</p>

<p>Sold all my film cameras many years ago and never looked back. Sure I miss Fuji Provia 100F every now and then. But the speed and ease of digital makes up for it. I do photography for a living and I don't miss dropping film off at the lab, labeling and shipping trannies, storing trannies, scanning trannies etc.</p>

<p>I would regret it if I sold it and did not upgrade to a better item meaning just sold it for the cash or a meal. I sold my Olympus 35mm, and 3 of my manual Nikons years ago when I thought I would not need them anymore. Other than the Olympus, I bought all of them back at a much cheaper price than what I paid for them.<br>

Some of us of us do allot of research and soul searching before purchasing a piece of equipment, but, day-in and day-out professional photographers are not tied to their equipment as much. They want something that will do the job and and do it as efficiently as possible. </p>

<p>FWIW there are a few cameras I have NEVER regretted selling. The Bronica-C. I think the last camera made without Nikon's input and QC control.It never worked. It tore films like a demented shredder from the CIA. The Olympus Pen-F. Both models developed unrepairable shutter problems after one year.My Pentax 6x7 original model. It was perfect in every way except the weight(for me).Each step from home or car caused it to weigh one kilo more! I finally traded it at Samy's LA. Less than 100 films in almost 26 years. I traded for a Leica M6TTl.The camera I truly regret...a Leica M2 Black....in Ex condition. I really needed a Nikon Photomic and a group of SLR Nikkor lenses. I never sell my cameras. The EOS system I so hated I gave it to my daughter. She traded it!</p>

<p>My experience in general is that if you don't know what to do, it's usually best to do nothing. Whether I regret selling my old gear or not has nothing to do with how you'll feel. But since you asked, when I was young I traded my old gear to get new because I needed the money. I don't regret selling it, but I regret having to sell it. Now I seldom sell any old gear.</p>

<p>I've sold off a huge amount of stuff on Craigslist in the last year. 2 X EOS bodies, bunch of Canon lenses, 20D, Pentax 645N and 4 lenses, Super Speed Graphic and lenses, Yashica T4, 2 x Voigtlander M-mount lenses (yesterday) and lots more.<br>

I price it cheap to move it quick so I don't have time to think twice. Once it's gone, I don't regret it.</p>