Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #35

jose_angel

<p>Hi Everyone,<br>

Just found photo.net about a week ago, boy what I have missed! I am trying to learn and improve .<br>

Just love looking at all these pictures. <br>

I have only had my D300 for about 4 months, and the picture is one when I was justing fooling around with.</p>

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>William T: yes, those curved doorways in Chinese Gardens are quite interesting.<br>

Tiffany: my image is a regular single capture. I might have added a bit of shadow/highlight and curve adjustments, but there is no HDR. It was a casual outing with my dad and I only took one 24mm wide lens. Otherwise, I would have brought the 24mm PC-E and tripod, etc.</p>

<p ><strong >Mike O</strong>. and <strong >Joris H</strong>., I am glad you liked my Red Eyed Frog. Thanks for the kind words.</p>

<p > </p>

<p ><strong >Kris B</strong>. and <strong >Benjamin</strong>, I could do something with the frog’s eyes. Maybe change the eye color to YELLOW? Then I can claim I discovered new species. LOL.<br>

- Paula</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"That was what I did. I even did a Copy...Paste to insure no typos. No link or shot. Bummer."<br>

<br /> John, I should have been more clear. You need to "copy image location" and not just copy the url from your gallery. They're different. Go to your gallery to the pic you want to post. If you're on a Mac, hold down the Control+Option keys while you click on your pic (right click on a PC if I'm not mistaken). A dialog box should come up with different options. Choose "copy image location" and paste that url into the answer box tree icon. Hope this will do the trick for you.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I am late to the game as I have been away from home for two days. This picture is hot off the press ... It was taken yesterday while I was strolling, with my family, on one of the streets in the Niagara on the Lake region.<br>

D700 + 105mm 2.8f micro lens; Shot at 1/1000s, f5 and ISO200. Ok, my weekly "assignment" is done. Now I am going to the top of this post to enjoy the thread 8></p><div>00UKIQ-168073584.jpg.a0a5c98aea6e6048896567cdd762cace.jpg</div>

<p>I feel guilty looking each week and only posting a few comments. Lets fix that right now:</p>

<p>Jose – always a great lead photo for this thread, no exception this week<br /> Pers-Chrisran - That Cats a little too big to pet – nice capture<br /> Ilkka – perfect composition for a B&W.<br /> Bernard – nice twist on a classic shot, don’t worry about the dust<br /> Chris – interesting perspective, great colors<br /> Shun – Just love shots like that<br /> Ton – always a B&W masterpiece. Nice shadows<br /> Tim – modern day nostalgia<br /> Joseph P – interesting conditions<br /> Mathew – Super sharp and clear<br /> Alejandro- most unique photo of the week<br /> Steven – nice bohken<br /> Justin – Brings back nice memories of my kids<br /> Jeannean – nice macro – it was worth crawling aroind<br /> Rene – makes me want to travel.<br /> Mike – nice high speed capture<br /> William – very interesting composition – good eye<br /> Darko – cute dog<br /> Monika - nice still life<br /> Oskar – excuse the pun – sharp photo<br /> Ian – nice the way the eyes came out<br /> Cees – good exposure against the sky<br /> Sjoerd – super portrait, especially with a 50mm<br /> Tom – good use of silhouette<br /> Jonas – good candid capture<br /> Lil – like the contrast on the B&W<br /> Lester – perfect timing – wish it was one of mine<br /> Jens – like the subtle color<br /> Hamish – the photo hits the spot, hope the drink did.<br /> Janne – tough to capture something like that at a show, nice job<br /> Uzay – very touching photo<br /> Ken – Nice Sky<br /> Kemal – I feel like I was there<br /> Elliot – good action capture, super timing<br /> Richard – good job on the bird<br /> Aaron – good candid capture of the girls. Like the lighting<br /> Steve – beautiful kid<br /> Paula – vivid color on the frog from outer space.<br /> Ray – nice shot on the beach<br /> Jeff – its hard to get 3 kids looking good n the same photo – good job<br /> Paul – interesting the way you shot from the back<br /> Kent – classic car , classic photo<br /> Robert – super concert photo<br /> Roger – Like the shot<br /> Adam – I like Frampton all the back to the 1<sup>st</sup> album<br /> Paul – good long exposure<br /> Wade – Nice close up<br /> Robert – interesting shot<br /> Gwen – I can smell the smoke the photo is so good<br /> Aguinaldo – super perspective on that photo of the wife<br /> Dan – good shot of the surfer<br /> Joris – hit it just right with the lighting<br /> Keerthi – good find<br /> Keith – Finger lakes area offers a lot of targets.<br /> Kevin – I’m a sucker for old train photos<br /> Matt – your caption make the photo even better<br /> Jim – good job on the dog days of summer<br /> Miles – your shot really stands out<br /> Ofey – conveys the moment perfectly<br /> Doug – like the telephoto shot<br /> Benjamin – fun portrait<br /> Randy – photo makes me hear the music<br /> Edward – peaceful flowers<br /> Ertugrul – you got the sky perfectly<br /> Freddy – love tulips myself<br /> Christopher – its not easy to get birds in flight<br /> Sanford – good shot under difficult lighting<br /> Finlay – love the background blur<br /> Red – Its different<br /> Tom – good view of the bloom<br /> Steve – nice graphics with the rocks<br /> Eric – nice layout of the gears<br /> Leo – makes me feel his pain<br /> Bogdan – nice that they posed for you<br /> Michael – childhood wonder at its best<br /> Josh – touching photo of the couple<br /> Anish – tranquil landscape<br /> Wayne – carefree kids comes across perfectly<br /> John – nice shot of the grandkid<br /> Matt – interesting expression<br /> Jonathan – like the macro<br /> Dave – nice landscape<br /> Chanh – nice twist on the landscape<br /> Paul – very original<br /> Erik – good eye<br /> Don = original effect<br /> Joaquim – welcome to the club<br /> Louis - wow<br /> James – nice interior as usual<br /> Temi – good timed exposure. Sharp<br /> Bryan – CCC – classic cat capture<br /> Steve – interesting lighthouse composition<br /> Thomas – photo takes me there<br /> Leo – Film lives quite well in your camera<br /> Kiem – good telephoto<br /> Gary – nice slow shutter to blur the water<br /> Juan – nice colors pop up in the sky<br /> Eric – its better in B&W<br /> Chris – nice job<br /> Tony – that’s a different view<br /> Jim – nice results for a hard exposure situation<br /> Jay – good view<br /> Alastair – good use of the mirror<br /> Michael good concert close up<br /> Kevin – fun photo<br /> Biniyam – love that smile<br /> Tony – like the beach landscape<br /> Amy – nice angle of view<br /> Rick – maybe the only before photo of a butterfly I’v seen<br /> Tiffany – nice montage<br /> Marc – great use of B&W<br /> Barry – I can hear the corks popping<br /> Shuo – great capture and eye<br /> Chris – interesting<br /> Pedro – really like it a lot<br /> Jarrad – another classic car, another classic photo<br /> Susan – super sharp<br /> Rafael – good reflection<br /> Sergio – good night exposure – makes it work<br /> Mark – nice<br /> Jill – I smell the fresh air in your shot<br /> Benjamin – I though I saw you.<br /> Roberta – nice colors on the cat<br /> Jam – love the close up<br /> Dane – fun photo of the kid<br /> Epp – very interesting<br /> Kevin – good shot<br /> Igor – nice street shot<br>

Lawerence - nice colors in the flower</p>

<p>My top picks this week:</p>

<p><strong>Jose Angel</strong> -- The sepia works well with the subject matter.<br>

<strong>Ton Mestrom</strong> -- Great contrast and use of light<br>

<strong>Mike O'Day</strong> -- That looks like tilt-shift, but it's not?<br>

<strong>Monika Epsefass</strong> -- Great colors and shadows<br>

<strong>Cees Mass</strong> -- Sharp and great sense of depth<br>

<strong>Lester Rosebrock</strong> -- Great action shot, nice colors, lighting, and depth!<br>

<strong>Dave Lee</strong> -- I like the depth and detail<br>

<strong>Chanh Nguyen</strong> -- Beatiful landscape and nice contrast with the boy' shirt<br>

<strong>Louis Meluso</strong> -- nice abstraction of everyday items<br>

<strong>Leo Papandreou</strong> -- I like the contrast of the flower against the background<br>

<strong>Gary McGhee</strong> -- nice sense of motion in the water and good perspective<br>

<strong>Kevin Cassar</strong> -- nice portrait, great expression, good sharpness, lighting, and detail<br>

<strong>Tony Hadley</strong> -- beautiful, good perspective<br>

<strong>Amy Zlatic</strong> -- nice composition<br>

<strong>Ryan Long</strong> -- Wow, great colors!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Mine is not a great one but somehow it ties in with Oscar Ojala's tools, Robert Davies picture of Fish(Derek William Dick), the New Orleans street performer and all the other Rock and music pictures this week.<br>

It's my 70'ties Memphis Les Paul model that as finally been repaired after ten years or so been away in it's case with a broken head. Every luthier I approached over that timespan said that the guitar was not worth the cost of the rather complex repair. I finally found one that understood that the monetary value of the guitar was negligible to the feel and emotional value of the guitar.<br>

While not the most kown brand of guitars, and they went really bad in the 80ties, this one plays like a dream.<br>

D80, Tokina 12-24 f4 @ f8 1/15 and flash</p><div>00UKOb-168105684.thumb.jpg.15a1de37ae02b815c6020289a48336aa.jpg</div>

<p >Wow, what beautiful work. Nearly all of the submissions are worthy of note. Taste is so subjective. Here are my favorites this week.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Shun- wonderful perspective</p>

<p >Tim- perfect</p>

<p >Jeannean- another fine macro</p>

<p >Adam- nice</p>

<p >Paul- the water makes it</p>

<p >Kevin- great train</p>

<p >Miles- love the intensity in his eyes</p>

<p >Sanford- great capture of the action</p>

<p >Finlay- another wonderful capture</p>

<p >Leo- great frame, perfect shot</p>

<p >Michael- love the reflection</p>

<p >Dave- great shot</p>

<p >Don- wonderful pp technique looks 3d</p>

<p >Louis- technically excellent</p>

<p >Thomas- love all aspects of the story</p>

<p >Jay- nice frame, can taste the abalone, brings me home to nca</p>

<p >Alastair- great work, did you to adjust the mirror?</p>

<p >Chris- nice capture</p>

<p >Pedro- love the clean euro warehouse feel, exposure & bokeh</p>

<p >Sergio- wonderful timed exposure</p>

<p >Kevin- is my favorite shot of the week less the equipment…</p>

<p >Ryan- great 1<sup>st</sup> round, nice shot regardless</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Thanks to Joris, Sergio, Benjamin, and Joseph for the kind words.</p>

<p>Wow, SO many wonderful photos of so many things, places, people! Thank you Chris, Matt, Benjamin, Bernard, and Joseph for the encouragement. I'm really enjoying this macro stuff, but never realized it was going to be so challenging. I'm determined to practice a lot and work on technique. It sure is an eye opening world. <br /> <br /> Jose: You always start this wonderful thread with a wonderful picture and I really like the tone/light you've used.<br /> <br /> Per-Christian: I see contentment all over his face.<br /> <br /> Joseph: What a colorful place and those sandwiches look huge!<br /> <br /> Ilkka: An interesting group here.<br /> <br /> Bernard: Very nice capture of a beautiful and amazing landmark.<br /> <br /> Chris: I believe you. That little 35mm/1.8 is a nice lens and produces some very nice shots with little or no work needed. Nicely done on the heavy machinery capture.<br /> <br /> Shun: Very beautiful and serene. The gloss on the wood gives ia very "real" feeling to your photo.<br /> <br /> Ton: Very nice as usual.<br /> <br /> Tim: Nice lighting.<br /> <br /> Joseph P: Pretty colors and interesting how only her head is clear of the fog.<br /> <br /> Matthew B: Great shot of the moon. Talk about "reach and sharpness"!<br /> <br /> Alejandro: They remind me of feeding time in my aquarium. Mouths open and ready!<br /> <br /> Steven: Welcome and what a beautiful flower!<br /> <br /> Justin: He looks skeptical. I'm seeing, "Why does she need a carrier when she has arms!"<br /> <br /> Rene: Wow, such a pretty place and a nice capture.<br /> <br /> Mike O'Day: FAST!<br /> <br /> William T: Same place as Shun's, but a totally different perspective. Very nice.<br /> <br /> Darko: What a great new family addition!<br /> <br /> Monika: You made me hungry!!! (Have a great trip...wish I was going too!)<br /> <br /> Oskar: I like your shot for the same reasons you do. Nicely done. (editing is not my strongpoint, but it looks good to me)<br /> <br /> Ian: Lulu and Dad look like quite a pair...and lucky Lulu to have found a home with you.<br /> <br /> Cees: I love seagulls, sky, and water, and you've focused your shot on those things very nicely.<br /> <br /> Sjoerd: I agree...nice portrait.<br /> <br /> Tom Baxter: Interesting perspective.<br /> <br /> Jonas: Good commentary shot.<br /> <br /> Lil: Nice photo as always, but I'm more amazed at your story. TWO cameras and TWO lenses? Nikon should put you in their commercials!!! "Takes a licking, but keeps on clicking." ;-)<br /> <br /> Lester: Great action shot (and really good looking people too). Makes me want to pull mine out.<br /> <br /> Adrian: Nice photo. Next time post it in the thread so we can all see. (many don't click on linked photos)<br /> <br /> Jens: That's so pretty!<br /> <br /> Hammish: Yum...I can't imagine sunset at midnight, but you capture it well.<br /> <br /> Janne: Great picture and you can just see FUN all over the place!<br /> <br /> Uzay: Awww...what a cutie!<br /> <br /> Ken: You're try is better than any I've gotten...and I'll keep trying too. :)<br /> <br /> Kemal: Talk about soft light and feel. I really like this.<br /> <br /> Elliot: That's Monster shot too!<br /> <br /> Richard: Beautiful shot...I'm very drawn to the eye. Nice!<br /> <br /> Aaron: Very nice photo with a nice feel/lighting.<br /> <br /> Steve V: Such a handsome boy and I'm betting beautiful blue or green eyes.<br /> <br /> Paula: Love it. Such vibrant colors and really sharp!<br /> <br /> Ray: Lovely daughter and great colors. Turquoise and red are two of my favorite combinations and you've gotten them both in this photo...including the man in the background with his red trunks!<br /> <br /> Jeff: Three great looking children. I need to get myself down to the beach soon!<br /> <br /> Paul V: That is just too cute and the "proprietor" looks serious about his business!<br /> <br /> Kent S: What a great old car and you've captured it nicely.<br /> <br /> Wouter: Travel safely!<br /> <br /> Robert: Wow, that's some detail in this! (I love the shirt too ;-)<br /> <br /> Roger: Another contented lion face.<br /> <br /> Adam: I really like your composition. Tickets to Peter Frampton with your son+Les Paul guitar+nicely lit=winner to me!<br /> <br /> Paul B: Very nice night shot. I find those really hard at this stage of my game. I'll try to do some of those in the not too distant future.<br /> <br /> Wade: Face painting is always fun!<br /> <br /> Robert C: Whoa...looks like a close call!<br /> <br /> Gwen: I've read about the competition before. Thank you for sharing the photo. :)<br /> <br /> Aquinaldo: Lovely smile and wife.<br /> <br /> Dan Park: Whoa! Cowabunga dude!!!<br /> <br /> Joris: Welcome! It's certainly a theatrical pic to start with. The light on the actress' face is very nice.<br /> <br /> Keerthi: Neat piece of machinery!<br /> <br /> Keith: Such a sweeping landscape shot. I'm sure it's even better full size.<br /> <br /> Kevin: I've been on train rides, but never for a trip. This makes me want to jump on board!<br /> <br /> Matt: Great rooster pic, but an even greater comeback to Rene...I literally LOLed. :D<br /> <br /> Jim: Love your dog pics.<br /> <br /> Miles: Wow...this photo literally grabbed me and pulled me in! I love the face paint and the concentration in his eyes. (plus the soft lighting)<br /> <br /> Ofey: That looks like it could have been taken many, many years ago. Nice.<br /> <br /> Doug Santo: Very pretty hummingbird. I tried to get a shot of a few that hang out around here, but to no avail. Nice job.<br /> <br /> Benjamin M: I love this and the title. :)<br /> <br /> Randy: Ahhh...one of my favorite cities. Nice to see things back to "normal".<br /> <br /> Edward: Beautiful lilies...and nice to have them in your backyard!<br /> <br /> Ertugrul: You take the Wednesday in the WedNEsDAy thread literally! Nice photo!<br /> <br /> Freddy: Very pretty tulips and nice DOF.<br /> <br /> Christopher T: Nice shot! I can even see the talons (?) on the feet.<br /> <br /> Sanford G: Nice angle...I keep tilting my head trying to figure out where you were when you shot this.<br /> <br /> Finlay: Dang, those taxi's are going fast!<br /> <br /> Red: Nice. I need to try this.<br /> <br /> Tom P: Good luck with the new school year! I love magnolias and you've done a nice job photographing this one. :)<br /> <br /> Steve L: I see rocks...then lots of different rocks with different textures and colors. This is what photography is helping me to do...SEE things. :)<br /> <br /> Eric A: I like it. Neat subjects.<br /> <br /> Leo: Your picture tells the story very well.<br /> <br /> Bogdan: I was like "mean boys"???... and then saw your picture. lol<br>

Michael: That is so cute and a different take on nose against the glass.<br>

Josh: Cute pic.<br>

Anish: Very nice detail visible in a broad landscape shot.<br>

Wayne: She looks like she's about to do a cartwheel!<br>

<br /> John: Your granddaughter is a beauty.<br>

<br /> Matt: Flattering angle for the light.<br /> Jonathan: Very nice! Love the colors and shadow of the stamen. I'm learning this isn't so easy to do. <br /> Dave: Pretty landscape.<br /> Chanh: I like the "budding photographer" in the shot and his bright red shirt.<br /> Paul: This is just plain cool and a reminder to "see creatively".<br /> Erik: Nice shape to capture.<br /> Don: Beautiful bride and lighting.<br /> Joaquim: Welcome! Beautiful colors (in order for photos to appear in the thread, refer to size guidelines at the beginning of the thread) Many will miss your shot otherwise.<br /> Louis: Beautiful shot of something we see everyday and usually don't notice.<br /> James: I love the colors and shapes. You do these so well.<br /> Temi: Beautiful. Another good example of what this little lens can do in the right hands.<br /> Bryan: He looks like he's enjoying the sun and wind.<br /> Steve: Very nice composition. I like it a lot.<br /> Thomas: Thank you for sharing...the red really pops.<br /> Leo: Simple and beautiful.<br /> Kiem: Nice photo and very sharp.<br /> Gary: That looks so cool and inviting.<br /> Juan: Nice silhouette shot.<br /> Eric A: Mission accomplished. Nicely done.<br>

Chris V: Beautiful colors and nice detail.<br>

Tony: Wow, a really cool view of the Space Needle!<br /> Jim: Welcome! Nice balloon shot...and at night no less.<br /> Jay: Beautiful view.<br /> Alastair: What a cool rearview mirror shot. Love this.<br /> Michael: Enjoy your new lens! So far so good. :)<br /> Kevin: Welcome! Great capture of your handsome son.<br /> Biniyam: Awww...he's such a cutie and has a great smile!<br /> Tony: Makes me wish I was sitting there right now.<br /> Amy: Nice and I'd love to see her finished product.<br /> Rick: Great story and nice capture.<br /> Tiffany: Looks like a fun time.<br /> Marc: Nice B&W photo.<br /> Barry: The champagne pouring is a great focal point. I actually like it better this way.<br /> Shuo: Very cool shadow/light/texture/shapes. Well done.<br /> Kris: Nice B&W.<br /> Pedro: This is wonderful. Nice DOF and I bet that smelled great!<br /> Jarrad: Love that car.<br /> Susan: Very interesting. I like it a lot and the water adds so much.<br /> Rafael: I knew where that was the minute I saw it. Nice capture!<br /> Sergio: Wonderful night shot.<br /> Mark: Looks like a nice shady spot to sit and relax.<br /> Jill: Great capture and props to your husband!<br /> Benjamin S: I feel like I'm right there. Great capture of a pitch and what the arm goes through to deliver one!<br /> Roberta: Glad you found us and enjoy your new camera! Beautiful colors and softness.<br /> Jam: Very nice.<br /> Dane: Great job and really good first attempt (or second, third, etc. :)<br /> Epp: Very cool!<br /> Kevin: Your shot makes me really glad I'm not there. ;-)<br /> Igor: Nice DOF.<br /> Lawerence: Very pretty flower and nice detail. I also like the "mirror" effect.<br>

Ryan: GREAT colors!<br>

Nick: Nice candid and very cool framing.<br>

Erwin: Congratulations on finding someone who understood and fixed it for you. A real treasure.</p>

<p>I hope I didn't miss anyone. I did my comments in spurts this time, so please forgive me if I did. When I have the time, I do like making comments about each photo because it makes me look more closely and I see and learn more...so thank you all for sharing! Until next Wednesday!</p>

<p>Thanks, Jeannean! I know everyone appreciates those who take the time to comment on every photo. Whew! My husband says I have just as many hours in the day as everyone else, but it doesn't seem like it. There was no water in my cracked window photo. It's a very, very old farm truck and I can only guess that grandpa tried to fix the crack with some kind of miracle goo.</p>