Is Kodak still making Ektachrome?

<p>Yes. I just shot a bunch of new Ektachrome on a vacation and had them processed by Dwayne's using Fuji mailers ($5 at B&H, good until the end of December, includes return shipping). They sell E100G, E100GX, E100VS and E200. I've tried all the E100's and they're great stuff.</p>

<p>Hey, it's a better price than you're likely to find on Ebay for fresh film, and it's new so it's going to be dated some time after 7/2010. It's gotten to the point where if you want fresh Kodachrome, that's the price.</p>

<p>I emailed Dwaynes a few weeks ago & was told that Fuji would honor their mailers beyond 12/2009. They are using dated mailers now so that people won't "overstock" on them. Even the dated mailers would be granted a bit of leeway. As of now, Fuji has no plans to discontinue their use.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I emailed Dwaynes a few weeks ago & was told that Fuji would honor their mailers beyond 12/2009. They are using dated mailers now so that people won't "overstock" on them. Even the dated mailers would be granted a bit of leeway. As of now, Fuji has no plans to discontinue their use.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>They really need to announce this publicly. They could change their policy at any time.</p>

<p>Last month I had 3 rolls of Astia and 6 rolls of Ektachrome developed by Dwayne's with Fuji mailers. When Kodak make its confusing announcements about its PK mailers I traded my remaining supply of mailers with dates for some film. I don't think it would be worth counting on Fuji to honor the mailers past the date marked on them. Without mailers the way to save some money is to send in more than one roll at a time. This makes your mailing costs lower both ways. </p>

<p>I get so tired of the run-around and the double-speak from Kodak.<br>

You call them one week and they tell ya that everything is fine and that the film you are inquiring about is not going anywhere.<br>

The next week an announcement comes out that the film just got axed and that you should try one of their other existing films as a replacement.</p>

<p>They're so wishy-washy that I'm gonna go to Samy's this weekend and load up on E100G and maybe even some Ekatchrome 64T in 120 and 135.</p>

<p>Sorry, Patrick...<br>

E200 is very definitely discontinued. If you search on APUG you'll see postings with messages from Kodak UK reps confirming E200 is no longer manufactured.<br>

It's a shame that all Kodak reps aren't taking the time to keep up to date with this sort of information and this is causing lots of confusion, but Kodak is a company in considerable trouble these days so it's not something to marvel at, I guess.</p>

• 1 year later...