How to display my images - need some ideas

<p>I've slowly built up a decent little portfolio of my images over the last few years. They are all really good quality prints, mostly 9"x6", various subject categories such as Landscape, Architecture, Street, Sports/Action, Portraits etc. My problem is - what do I do with all these prints? At the moment they are stored in a large box under the bed - what's the point in that!? So I'm looking for some ideas with regards to 'displaying' my prints so I can show them to freinds/family when they come round. I can't seem to find the right kind of photo album that suits 9"x6" prints. What do other people use?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Better yet, why not make photo cards to give away or donate to fund raising events? I make photo cards and give box sets to friends and others. I just want people to enjoy and use them. I've had them used as thank you cards, gifts, etc. beside people who like to send their friends cards. I also make them to frame (they're 4x6 prints mounted on 5x7 card stock suitable for framing. Just a thought.</p>

<p>The term "scrap book" comes to mind. There are endless varieties of binders, and methods of attachment ranging from vinyl overlays (bad - use polypropylene, sans plasticizers) to conventional hinges and corner pockets.</p>

<p>For the relatively few print collections I assemble, portfolio binders for artists work very well. They come in many sizes. I prefer those which will accomodate 9x12" or 12x18" prints.</p>

<p>There is no substitute for a good print, but a digital slide show comes close, especially for sharing images with friends and family.</p>

<p>The simplest way to create a video slide show is to simply copy JPEG images to a CD or DVD. Most DVD players will display images on the television automatically, and allow you to go forward or backward, or even skip to a specified image. If you compile the slide show to a DVD movie you can add effects, including pan and zoom (e.g., a "Ken Burns" effect), a variety of transitions and a sound track.</p>

<p>The "product" is highly portable, easily and inexpensively duplicated and (IMO) as good or better than most slide projectors when viewed on an HD set. DVD "movie" images are relatively secure due to their low resolution, generally unsuitable for printing even though they look good on the TV.</p>