Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #34

jose_angel

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>My first post on here, this thread just stirs up so much energy...Here is one of thousands of backlogged travel shots...<br /> Lares Valley, Peru. Nikon D40x, Nikon 18-200 lens @ 105mm, f/6.3, ISO 200.<br>

Forgot, shutter speed 1/500, and yes, this looks a lot nicer cropped, I know in advance =0)</p>

<p>Tim - thankyou and yes I was trying something different to get those horses looking old, oppressive, slightly fictitious (ie not literal) and almost malevolent. I must have seen the same as you did in them! Hence the mono/smear treatment in post, and also the perspective.</p>

<p>Great images ! I came across this event Sunday while playing soccer and couldn't resist taking a few shots, its called fly ball and as you can imagine it's noisy and exciting..Nikon D300 180mm 2.8 shot in manual and prefocussed </p><div>00UGFd-166477584.jpg.a0007d81a409927c7c373d55e1ffbdfc.jpg</div>

<p>

<p>Well, it's already thursday in my small part of the world but after some weeks without a contribution to this wonderful thread I simply have to chip in some words and a picture.<br>

There are too many photos I really like to comment on so let me name just a few:<br>

- Chris Court, love the foreground-background-composition and the colors. I can feel the weather changing, so to speak.<br>

- Darko Vrsic, fishermen, their boats and hard work are favorite themes for me - love the restfulness of your picture.<br>

- James Kazan, your architectural-shots are always inspiring and this one is no exception.<br>

- Tim Evans, I'm sure your friend loves this great picture - tones (and tint) look really fine on my monitor.<br>

- Ertugrul Kilic, your candid shot is my favorite this week - it's so mysterious I'm sure it would be a good cover-picture for a novel. I like the reduced depth-of-field and all the tiny details on the wall. Wow!<br>

- Barry Fisher, I simply love unusual compositions like the one in your restful portrait.</p>

<p>My contribution this week is a sports-shot - taken sunday morning. The handball-season begins in a couple of weeks and the teams are playing a lot of test- or friendship-games. Usually I shoot in this sports-hall with an ISO-setting of 2500 to 4000 but this time ambient light from the partially glassed roof was dominating and the bigger part of the court was well lit.<br>

My handball-shooting style has changed over the years - at first I've used a FM2 with a fast 85 standing or cowered down next to the goal. After some „hits“ and some discussions with the referees (new rules for photographers) I started shooting with the 85 on a crop-body DSLR from one of the corners and right now I shoot the AF-S 200 with the D700 from the same position - which prevents some classic handball-pictures. So a lot of my pictures now are really tight shots.</p>

<p>Nikon D700, AF-S 200 @ f2.5, ISO 1600, 1/1600 sec.</p>

<p>Please excuse my english, georg.</p>

</p><div>00UGFk-166478084.jpg.6784ad9c720c0945606d1d4b3d4c5cf0.jpg</div>

<p>So many great photos this week! William Phanelas that bird is fantastic. Do you know if that's a falcon or a hawk?</p>

<p>My photo is quite old. From my family trip to Disney World last winter. It started raining while we were exploring around animal kingdom so me and my sister and friend hid under a tree to stay somewhat dry.</p>

<p> </p><div>00UGGY-166481684.thumb.jpg.308def6937767f3d5425be129c12699e.jpg</div>

<p>I am really late to the party this time. Way too many images to comment on - some wonderful images in this thread again. Didn't have much time since last Wednesday to do some shooting, but had to get out and check out my new Nikon 17-55/2.8 - ended up at the beach and shot this HDR of a "typical" South Coast sunset. Though I bracketed from -4 to +4EV, I ended up using only the images for +2, 0, -2EV.</p><div>00UGGe-166481884.jpg.c3b0daa5dbe89eab24d6c518f9912ca3.jpg</div>

<p>Great work posted here today. I am a little late getting to it... Here is a shot from a collection I have access to. I am drawn towards anything 60's in the transportation world. Nikon D300 - Tokina 11-16 16mm f2.8 1/30th ISO 250</p>

<p>Almost almost almost missed Wednesday. Was up for much of last night and had a late running meeting tonight. So I am too exhausted to comment on y'all, maybe tomorrow? However, special shout out to <strong>Rick D</strong> : that squirrel is kissing the hawks behind, isn't it?... Actually like the little buggers.....and great shots, everyone.</p>

<p>I got "tricked" into doing a friend's son's senior pictures. This was technically/posing wise not the best shot but still one of my favorites:</p><div>00UGJp-166501584.jpg.b3e4490adc46ba5c7130cd61ab9bc3d9.jpg</div>