emailing hefty digital photos

Have some nice photos in file sized up to 9mb. Have to get them to some editors

and they say 'email them' as attachments.

Problem is that with the sizes I have (and that is what they want) my email

doesn't work. I have them as TIFF files and do the attachment to email thing in

the emailing program and after 45 minutes they are still 'attaching'. Same thing

an hour and a half into it. Never seems to end. I tried converting one to a jpeg

to see if it was better but even with a 1.6mb jpeg it never finished 'attaching'.

If I can get them to attach our computer speed is 24kbps at the fastest. Often

it hovers around 2. (two) No faster stuff available where we are.

Any way to get this stuff on email without taking 10 hours and having the

computer shut you off during the long times?<div>00LUDx-36951984.jpg.15d9225e994df7922518e530ac66af1d.jpg</div>

<p>A water main can transport a large amount of water from point A to point B faster than a drinking straw can. There's just no two ways about it; if your Internet connection is glacially slow, it's glacially slow.</p>

<p>Are there any Internet cafés in your area? If so, email 'em from there, using something like a CD or a USB key to transport the files from your place.</p>

This is another reason why it's smart to have your own web site. Just create a folder that isn't linked-to from anywhere else on your site. Park the file there, and e-mail a LINK to the file(s). The person receiving the e-mail will GREATLY appreciated how much faster their e-mail comes across, and then they can go fetch the file at their leisure, using the much more friendly HTTP protocol via their web browser. They can also forward the e-mail to someone else without that huge file, again, having to get uploaded, shuffled around, and downloaded through MORE e-mail servers. Just link to a file on your personal web site. It's quick, it's polite, and it also comes across more like you mean business.

I would put them on a jump drive and go to Kinko's or some other business/office type store that offers internet service. Even if you were to put them up on your own website, you would still have to get them onto the server which, with your internet connection, would take all night.

yousendit loads and sends in less than five minutes. You load directly into their server after converting to zip files. I sent my pictures from NH to CA and they were in a newsletter and web site the same morning. There were about fifty photos at about 150 MB. I sent them in two shipments as yousendits limit for free is 100MB.