120 Recommendations...What would you use?

ben_wickerham

"I really can recommend the ROLLEI R3 film, then you have a range of ISO 25 - ISO 6,400 to pick! It's a excellent 3-layer B&W film, and needs absolutely an pre-soaking! Recommended delopers are D76 (stock) or ROLLEI HIGH SPEED (RHS)! Give it a try!"

You are recommending because you are selling it? At those prices you'll just continue to recommend it ad nauseum (without selling much).

B&w film scans very poorly on the 9000 (and possibly others, I haven't tried) since it enlarges grain very significantly. I would shoot ilford XP2 for this reason or acros in xtol if you can live with iso 100. Slide film scans very well (convert to b&w) but the contrast on sunny days may be too high.

Why *must* you scan the film and print digitally? A good darkroom print looks far better than scanned b&w film.

Didn't there was such a thing as "digital art". Seems a contradiction in terms, like "military intelligence".

If that is was is passing for part of a college course on image making, looks like I'll have to steer my son clear of it. I can teach him better myself in the darkroom.

Film is for photography.......digital is for CDs & DVDs.