4. RAW?

• 14 replies
    • 2 replies
  5. Raw file conversion

• 2 replies
    • 20 replies

• Recent Gallery Images

• Recent Forum Wide Posts

• I recently popped for a camera scanning system by startup company Valoi (Finland). There are two systems. One is the Valoi Easy35, which attaches to a macro lens with metal tubes. The light (LED) is built-in, and has adjustable color and level controls. At present, only mounted 35mm slides and film strips can be used. Although manual, the system is very ergonomic and quick to use. The film gate has a unique "S" configuration, which keeps the film very flat in the image area. Valoi indicates a 120 version of the head is being developed. The other system is called the Valoi 360 system, which is basically a copy stand with a sophisticated base, which can be used with all film formats, from half-frame to 4x5. There is a simple film transport mechanism for use with film strips. The base has a flat LED light source, also with color and level adjustments. It would be ideal for full-roll strip scanning, but works well even for strips of 4 or 6 (the longer, the better). 120 film, in strips of 3, is tricky, because the thin film base is difficult to push into position. I have both systems, which I use with a Sony A7Riv and Sony 90/2.8 Macro lens. Throughput is 4-6 rolls per hour, without breaking a sweat. I use LightRoom and "NegtivePro" plugin for conversion. I attached a photo of my son using the Easy35 system, mounted on a Novoflex copy stand. The monitor is used to center the film and focus the camera accurately, an Atomos Shinobi 7 HDMI/SDI.
    • Use  an   USB  charging   cable  connected  ONLY  to  a   laptop   USB  OUTLET   NEVER  USE  A    110V  TO  5V   converter  to  charge   Minox  DSC  or  Minox  DSC  silver   It  may cause  thees  spy  camera  to  overheat
    • PC's can still be used for editing? I switched to Apple 10 years ago, and never looked back. Editing is a business (now mostly video), not a hobby. That rules out Linux too.
    • It's easy to check the status of ink cartridges on the printer's web page. You get a "low" alert long before the cartridge fails. However, the printer shuts down before that cartridge starts sucking air, which would present a monumental problem restarting the printer, possibly requiring replacement of the print head.  I keep a complete set of cartridges on hand, and order individual replacements each time one is replaced.