Yes, we at photo.net ARE listening....

joshroot

The work on the graphic upgrade continues.

<ul>

<li>Subscribers should not be seeing the Amazon ads in the gallery area.

<li>The fonts have been changed to a serif font. Many people prefer this to a

sans-serif font.

<li>The ability to edit critique comments has been fixed.

<li>The beta multi-uploader should be working again.

<li>Visited links (forum threads, etc) should now be showing up as a different

color than unvisited links (blue and purple in my browser).

<li>Fixed the "No topic ID" login error.

</ul>

<P>

If you are not seeing any of these improvements/changes, hold down "shift" and reload the page in your

browser.

<P>

Many other issues (the AOL browser problems for example) are being worked on as

well. Please continue to be patient. Things are going as fast as we can make them.

<P>

Also, say a little "thank you" to Jin for all his hard work.

Thank you, <i>thank you</i>, <b><i>thank you</i/></b> Josh (and Philip, Jin, et al)! I can not tell you how much easier it is to read through this site now; the sans-serif was truly awful. And thanks for the work on the other "bugs", too. Regards.

I suppose it's worth mentioning that though, indeed, those of us who are subscribers and who are signed in are NOT seeing the large Amazon panel ad when we look at photos in user galleries... when people who are NOT subscribers are looking at those same pages (say, when you send someone a link to look at one of your shots), the large panel ads are still quite present. Not sure if this is an oversight or by design. Candidly, I can live with seeing those ads when I go to look at my own stuff... but it's nicer to not have them so prominent (and in the middle of the comments!) when other people are directed there for a look. Just sayin'.

HIGH FIVE, KUDOS, CONGRATS, GREAT JOB! PN you have managed to pull of, with limited resources and less than 24hr, what I thought was the impossible. Thank you for removing those ads being displayed with our work. I have humbly "eaten crow" on the thread I started yesterday. Nice work and I am :))) again. LJ

Andrei, it looks like you're having a problem possibly unrelated to the design. Could you try clearing your browser's cache, or holding down Shift while hitting reload? Please contact me if you continue to have problems.

Thanks to the staff for the improvements. I didn't particularly cotton to the font change but it actually meant little to me since I know how to change it on my browser to my preference. I am quite willing to wait a month or so to see how things work out with the other improvements, but even then it isn't a matter of dire convenience for me but I do have one extreme bias: please don't even consider white lettering on black background. That is the reason I avoid several sites with otherwise interesting content!

Dan: We will certainly never deviate from the black letters/white background standard for most of our text.

To the folks who didn't like the big Amazon ad: We are going to let it run for another few hours to collect some data and then we're going to try something else (not too many people were in a shopping mood yesterday, according to the Amazon stats), probably more subtle. Sorry that we have to use the community as guinea pigs.